Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Lamb of God

I was sorting out Easter cards and realized that I did not have anything quite right for my 6-year old niece. She's all about the bright colors so I went with hot pinks and bright greens and, of course, sequins!

The Lamb of God

The set is Easter Joy from Taylored Expressions.  I have always loved the set for its sweet and simple images.

If I had all of the time in the world, I would remake this with a little less of the green - it feels bottom heavy. I have a terrible tendency to analyze my cards when they are all done and I am looking at the photo.  I don't know why I see things in the photo that I don't see in real life.  I hate to admit how often I go back with fingers crossed that the glue hasn't dried, and do it again.  Not this time - my niece is only six!!
  • Stamps: Taylored Expressions Easter Joy
  • Paper: Papertrey Raspberry Fizz, Doodlebug Springtime 6x6
  • Ink: Memento black and Copics
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, PTI Raspberry Fizz button, Stampin' Up embossing folder, Avery Elle sequins, The Twinery Marigold twine

4 comments:

  1. Awww that lamb is so adorable, I love ur bright and fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece will absolutely love your card!! Love the image, the little bit of DP you used and the bright button.
    The dots (embossing folder I guess?)
    make such a great background for this woolly Lamb of God. True spirit of Easter!
    Thanks for sharing, not only your great card but also your worries, ha, ha! :-)

    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is just perfect for your 6 year old niece. And I like the green dp. That wide-ish band acts, at least in my eyes, as the perfect way to ground the Lamb image. I really like everything about this card. Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!