Thursday, March 27, 2014

Sketchbook Saturday and Big Word Bubbles

A number of my favorite companies have come out with word bubble border dies and I had managed to resist for quite some time.  I don't know why I resisted - just a realization that I really couldn't own everything. Lawn FawnPaper Smooches and Mama Elephant each have great sets (the links go directly to their word bubble borders.  Then Iwona came out with the current sketch for Sketchbook Saturday and I took it as a sign that I had to have a word bubble border die.  Each of the sets has their advantages, but I picked Mama Elephant's set because I loved the cloud version (and I really wanted an excuse to order the Just Hatched set.)

We Wish You

Aren't these little guys sweet?  I resisted this stamp set simply because most of the words were baby-related and I really have no need for baby cards right now.  (My friends are too old, and their kids aren't quite at baby age yet.)  You should see the dinosaur in the set!  There are a few non-baby words in it - but I chose to use a Simon Says set called From Us - it's a great set because everything is from "us" or "we". 


  • Stamps: Mama Elephant Just Hatched, Simon Says Just Us
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Going Gray, unknown dsp
  • Ink: Memento Black, Copics, Stampin' Up Going Gray, Papertrey Ink Limeade Ice
  • Accessories: Mama Elephant Speech Trio dies, Just Hatched dies, Stampin' Up Calypso Coral twine, misc enamel dots

12 comments:

  1. Aaah, soooooo cute! :-)
    Love the DP's too. I wouldn't need any excuse to buy such a great die and stamps, ha, ha, no really, the tiny owl would have me ordering right away!
    And the enamel dots are just the perfect finishing touch.
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a great purchase Kim!!! This is adorable and yes, those little animals are as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet design Kim.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great purchases, Kim! I like the way you think, girl!!! And this card is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know X'actly how you feel on this Kim!!!!! I Must have a word bubble large die too.!!! Adorable card, love it so and the lovely accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, you picked *the* most perfect speech bubble - fun, whimsical and adorable! And those critters could not be sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this card, Kim! The plaid base is awesome, but it's that die, and those little cuties who have captured my heart. I think I have to make a shopping trip over at ME...and I hope you don't mind if I pin this; it's too cute not to! : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. sooooo darn cute! I love the speech bubble you chose....I think I need to order me one. adore how that plaid peeks out from behind your main image panel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! Can you imagine that I don't have a word bubble myself? I'm glad to be the enabler, heheh... and I have my eyes on that ME die set as well! Adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should join Instagram and post these lovelies there too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!