Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop: High Gloss

Today is the monthly blog hop at Papertrey Ink and the theme is High Gloss.  I didn't get overly glossy but I wanted to use a technique that Nichole had demonstrated when the Button Stack dies came out in February. Back in February, I was a day late in getting my Button Stack dies ordered and they were already out of stock.  So when the Bitty Button Stacks came out this month, I ordered within minutes of them going on sale - and picked up the full size ones at the same time.  They arrived yesterday so absolutely had to go on this card. Nichole stacked the die cuts, added gloss over the entire stack and made a great dimensional button.

Lucky Enough

There are three layers to the button - Tropical Teal on the bottom, Hawaiian Shores in the middle, and a small circle of Aqua Mist on top.  The entire stack is completely covered with Glossy Accents.  I would love to show you a close-up, but I had a little mishap at the end - it was almost dry and I carelessly knocked it off my desk.  Of course, it landed upside down on the carpet - so instead of being smooth and glossy, there's an annoying carpet texture on it!

I also picked up A Little Inspiration last month.  I love the unique sayings and the way the sentiments are separate so you can add color changes.  

There's going to be lots of gloss at the blog hop today!  It's going to be fun to see what everyone else does with the challenge!


  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink A Little Inspiration, Bits and Buttons (the gray circles)
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Tropical Teal, Soft Stone
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Tipped Tops die, Bitty Buttons Stack die, Sunshine Impression Plate, Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins, Hemptique 10-lb white twine


24 comments:

  1. OHHHHH!! I LOVE the use of Tropical Teal! I have the ink & cardstock but have not used it yet! You have inspired me! Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! the glossy "button" is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card!!! perfect in every way!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take Kim!!! Love the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triple WOW! Love your card and the colors!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ps. but then again all your cards are great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim this is awesome, I love the glossy button!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun design Kim, great card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific card - love the embossed base panel and all the circles throughout the card - beautiful balance of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous sentiment and love the button - glad you were able to get them all second time round :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors, the angles, the textures- I love everything about this- so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a neat design and perfect execution! Love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fab card - love the glossy button

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is fabulous, Kim! I love the design & your added shine!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with this card!! : ) from the color combo to the sentiment : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohhhh this is so pretty! I love the blue and gray and the layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So full of texture and awesomeness!! And I LOVE that sentiment - I NEED to get that!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love it! Your design, use of white space, textures and pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful design, Kim! Love the colors you've chose for this. Somehow, the embossing and the gray buttons drew my eye right to the glossy (and very cool!!) button. Love this card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the color and texture and, well, everything about this card. I think I actually had a button just like that once.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!