Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Curtain Call: Smitten Reminder

I just wanted to remind you that there are just a few days left on the challenge at Curtain Call: Smitten!


The sponsor, Linnie Blooms, is offering a gift certificate to the winner of the challenge and also kindly provided the Curtain Call design team with sets of Faber-Castell Gelatos.  I showed you a card with Gelatos on my original Curtain Call post.  Today I wanted to move away from the mitten/smitten theme and use the inspiration of the bold colors and just do a wash of color with Gelatos.  I followed this tutorial to get this look, although she clearly had more Gelatos than I do because she created a beautiful ombre tone-on-tone wash.  

Chase Your Dreams

The challenge closes on January 10th - I hope you play along!  Remember...using Gelatos is not a requirement of the challenge - just be inspired in any way by the mittens or colors or knit or "Smitten"!
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Vertical Greetings
  • Paper: white and a smooth watercolor paper
  • Ink: Memento Black
  • Accessories: Faber-Castell Tropical Gelatos, Hemptique 10-lb. black twine, misc enamel dots

10 comments:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Wonderful card, Kim!! Love the sentiments and fab background you created with the Gelatos!!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous, love the colour wash!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the colorful background Kim. Great use of the Gelatos.

Shannon J said...

Oh man, love the wash you created with you gelatos - and perfectly accented with your embellies. Love!

Shannon J said...

Oh man, love the wash you created with you gelatos - and perfectly accented with your embellies. Love!

Lisa Arana said...

Another beautiful card, that background is GORGEOUS.

Bobby said...

That is a wonderful background and perfect with that sentiment.

Marjolein said...

Sooo very true!
:-)
Great card And I love the bright colors you used and the enamel dots too, such a great way to add depth to the card!
bye,

Marjolein

ps. sorry I've missed out on a lot of your fab cards! I see I've got a lot of catching up to do. :-)

Kigz said...

Beautiful! :)

cm said...

Your card is simply marvelous! Once again, you and those Gelatos work magic together!
c