Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Simple Gift Box and Tag

My oldest son always takes hot chocolate mix as a gift for his teachers - see here.  My youngest prefers Pretzel Turtles.  I think that he thinks they are less work, but by the time he unwraps all of the Rolos - not so much!!  Particularly since he needed 108!  I contribute the tags.  (He has written to/from on the tag since I took this picture, but handwriting is not his strong point so I took the picture first!)

Gift Box

The tag is Papertrey Ink's Tag Sale #5 (the bottom is cut off on the white layer.)  The snowflake is My Favorite Thing's Let It Snowflake. The sequins are Neat and Tangled's Crystal Clear.  And the twine is Hemptique.  The paper and boxes are from Hobby Lobby.

We first started doing the Pretzel Turtles before they became so popular.  Now you can find displays in every grocery store with the pretzels, Rolos and pecans.  When we first made them, the teachers were in awe of these simple little candies. Now I think it is my son who is in awe - particularly of all the parts and pieces that he can nibble on while making them!  They are perfect for kids to make (as long as they are careful of the chocolate when it is hot)!  If you haven't tried them...


Pretzel Turtles
Small mini pretzels
Rolos
Pecan halves
Preheat oven to 300. Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment of foil-lined cookie sheet. Place one Rolo on each pretzel.  Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warn, press a pecan half onto each Rolo.  Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally trying those! Super cute packaging, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Kim, I like the little tin too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful gifts! And in such pretty packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim what lucky teachers! I really think I need to make some to test to make sure they are as totally yummy as they look! LOL Fantastic idea and great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love and appreciate it when someone takes a little extra time with the packaging and I know the teachers will too! And those pretzels...oooooh weeeee do they ever look good! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The teachers will absolutely LOVE these gifts, inside and outside. Stunning packaging, and the recipe: bonus! I'm definitely giving them a go!
    c

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!