Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Favorite Things Stamps Day 6: Text and To the Point

It's Day 6 of the Release Countdown at My Favorite Things Stamps.  After today, there is one more day of previews.  Then Tuesday night, at 10 pm EST, the entire design team are doing Product Launch posts and everything is available in the My Favorite Things store.  Just in case you haven't quite decided, there are also posts by the design team on Thursday of Friday with just a few more ideas!!

Today's previews include a new background - Typewriter Text. And there is a truly fun new set by Laina Lamb Designs called To The Point along with a coordinating die for the "pointer".  Check out the "pointer"....

Choose You

I am SO in love with the "pointer"!!!  It's wonderful with the fun sayings and fonts in the set.  You can actually put together "UR OLD" with this set - ha!!  There are many other sayings - both nice and snarky!

I pulled out a few MFT colors that I hadn't yet used for this card.  The "YOU" is Tangy Orange.  The background paper is Factory Green.  The gray is Steel Blue.  I used Whip Cream - my favorite new off-white - for the main panel, and the text is also stamped in Whip Cream - I like the way it comes up.

I used the Wanna Sketch? from Lisa at dahlhouse designs.


Tomorrow is the last preview post.  It's a sad day for me because it's all coming to an end, but it will also be fun because the stamps and dies are all about celebrations!  

Be sure to head over to the My Favorite Things blog today to leave a comment so that you have a shot at today's prize!

30 comments:

  1. LOVE those colors together. All your projects for this month's release are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pointer too! Fab masculine card - the colours are perfect for it! Really love that green! You are rocking the release, Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, loving this!! The colours are fabulous and the design is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how all these colors you chose go together so pretty. In love with that background too. Have enjoyed seeing all your cards thus far. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card! I love the color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an all around fantastic card. LOOOOVE the colors and that you used Lisa's sketch (I still need to do that!). great one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim your card is amazing. I am in love with the text background and think it is definitely calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colour combo for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, you have been such a FABULOUS guest designer! I haven't been able to comment every day, but I've LOVED looking at your posts. I've actually come back to them already for color combo ideas. Love your work!!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card...thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this color combo, Kim! Your projects this week have been amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and this MFT release have been a well-matched pair! Your cards, fabulous; your inspiration, outstanding. Because of your 'influence' I'm adding some MFT to my collection SOON!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects for the release. I love the pointed hand and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These large sentiments are really graphic and you've done a wonderful job with the hand and making it mobile! Excellent card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SQUEEEEEEEK! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. So fabulously CAS, bold and Ah.MAZ.ING!!! Kim, you rocked this month's wanna sketch, thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I absolutely love this! Great colours, cool sentiment and I adore the pointy finger!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your card and thanks for showing the sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The pointer is cool. The typewriter text is cool. The bold statement is cool. But for some reason, I was drawn to your "cuff link"! That little touch just blew me away. What an awesome card, what a great design. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the finger pointer with cufflink, no less! Great color combination...cool card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card, I love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love your card! What a fantastic layout and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so handsome and graphic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My cheering added to the others: fabulous, cool card! Again, you and MFT are quite the pair! The cuff link...LOVE that special touch!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  24. Graphic, masculine and perfect!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  25. After seeing that fabulous card all I can think is how thankful I am those dies and stamps will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it! Great. Great color choices!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!