Friday, December 27, 2013

Fresh Squeezed Stamps: A Tennis Shoe Christmas

I know you are probably all done with thinking about Christmas so I really shouldn't be posting a Christmas card today.  But it's my day to post at Fresh Squeezed Stamps and since they came to my rescue on the 24th, I wanted to share.  We had planned to give my 13-year old son his pick of basketball shoes for Christmas.  This is somewhat different from our usual approach in which he wants the most expensive and we refuse to buy anything but the cheapest!!  His gift was to pick out his own (within reason) without us complaining about the price!  As I was finishing up on Christmas Eve it occurred to me that he wouldn't have anything from us under the tree because he had would have to go shopping for his own shoes after Christmas.  He's still so young - I HAD to have something for him to open up.  Fresh Squeezed and their cute tennis shoe from String Me Along came to the rescue!!

A Tennis Shoe Christmas

If you knew my 13-year old son, you would understand why I also HAD to include the "nice 2b naughty" graphic from Hello December!  (BTW - if you like the idea but not for Christmas, On Trend 2013 has a great birthday word bubble that could replace the "naughty" circle!  That set is also where I got the swoosh that I used for the ground.)

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are now looking forward to the new year!!
  • Stamps: Fresh Squeezed Stamps On Trend 2013, Hello December, String Me Along
  • Paper: MFT Red Hot, Fuse Green
  • Ink: MFT Red Hot, Fuse Green, Factory Green
  • Accessories: Pretty Pink Posh Sequins

7 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for the situation, Kim! And I love that gift idea! And aren't the fancy shoes these days that the kids want ridiculous?! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for your son; I'm sure he loved it, and especially the gift that came along with it! Shopping with him, fun; and the look of joy when he selects his own shoes, priceless! Off to do some FSS exploring...
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card and I agree he needed something to open mama!! Those sports shoes can be SO expensive even when they are teeny weeny. I must admit I still have our son's first pair of baseball shoes, they look so stinkin little and I just love them to bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card fits the bill perfectly! Trendy, fun and masculine...bang on for a 13 year old boy! And that is NOT an easy task to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to give him something to open. The way you put the various stamps together is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!