Thursday, December 19, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! Believe

It's time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch


I am determined to get through my Christmas NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) stamp sets - so I ended up going in a slightly different direction.  I wanted to use My Favorite Things Holiday Subway Art, but when I used it I wanted to use a number of the words.  Instead of using a single word - I used a variety of words in a subtle color - then popped the word "Believe" in red.

Believe

The die is also in my NBUS basket - it's the Small Blooming Poinsettia from Memory Box.  I love how it layers up!

I think this is a very nice sketch - add a beautiful sentiment and a simple embellishment and you have a great card!  I hope you all find time to play along during this busy holiday season.
  • Stamps: My Favorite Things Stamps Holiday Subway Art
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Real Red, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Basic Grey 25th and Pine 6x6, Stampin' Up Silver Glimmer Paper (just the center of the flower)
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Papertrey Ink Soft Stone
  • Accessories: Memory Box/Poppystamps Small Blooming Poinsettia, Hemptique 10-lb white twine

19 comments:

  1. Oh... this is so pretty! Love the red and soft stone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Lovely colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. And now I see it's not just one big background stamp; I just love how you used a bunch of the sentiments on this one card! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you created your background with sentiments! Gorgeous sketch, gorgeous card! I really need to start playing along with sketches again!!! Might not be able to help myself with inspiration like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Kim! Elegant, eye-catching, striking - and inspiring! Wow!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiration with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that subway stamp and your lovely poinsettia wrapped in the white twine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card,Kim! I love how you stamped the sentiments and the red poinsettia with the white twine looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Kim! I love how you have all the sentiments in silver and then the one in red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvelous card Kim, love that pretty poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm taking note of that genius idea for a fabulous way to use up a number of NBUS on one card!! Brilliant, Kims!

    In case I don't get a chance to visit again before Christmas, I wish you and your sweet family the happiest of holidays! Holly Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Have a Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty and elegant Kim. Love the poinsettia and the words in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card! I love the colors and how you used the sentiments in the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the believe in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Kim, the poinsettia is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim,

    Your card is elegant, tasteful and lovely. So glad I came by.

    Blessings to you in 2014!
    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. I finally found it! This is just beautiful and yet so simple! I am an instant fan...where have I been? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!