Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sunday Stamps: Meowy Christmas

I admit to being owned by two cats.  They tolerate me mainly because I have the ability to open the cat food.  In my house of men and teenage boys - I also have to tell you that it wasn't me who brought these two cats into our house.  While my men and boys claim to be annoyed by the cats, they are also the first to come get me to see what cute things the cats are doing, or they refuse to move because the cats are curled on their laps (this last one may just be a convenient teen boy/lazy male excuse!).  With the cats in our life, the Holiday Mischief set by Newton's Nook was really a must-have for me!

Meowy Christmas


Although I very much like this soft and sweet kitty - this was a card that took a left turn but my mind kept going straight ahead.  I started out with the idea of Christmas cards for my teens, from the cats. There are stamps in this set of cats getting themselves into trouble - PERFECT for my cats and teens.  I started with this tag, just one of the mischievous cats in the set.


When I decided that I liked the other cat better in my snowy scene, I briefly forgot why I was making the card.  My final card is just a little too soft and sweet for my teen boys and it most definitely does not represent the wild and crazy cats in our lives!

I used the current sketch from Sunday Stamps.


  • Stamps: Newton's Nook Designs Holiday Mischief
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone CS and dsp
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Soft Stone, Memento Black and Copics
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Timeless Tags 2 (Hint: I find the WPlus9 website a little confusing.  They have a Die category with sub-categories.  The tag dies are not in any of the sub-categories - you have to click on the main "die" heading to see them.), MFT Fishtail dies, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Emagination snowflake punch (very old), Stampin' Up Island Indigo ribbon, Hemptique white twine, Stampin' Up heat and stick embossing powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

21 comments:

  1. Darling image and card. Love the EF you used and the pop of colour against the white. Our cat likes to rule the roost too and I think I'm the only one in the house that reminds him he is the cat LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the best cards come outta left field. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so full of sweetness! I can not show this to my husband - just like your boys, he has a sweet spot for cats (we don't have one though - allergies) - and I'm pretty sure he'd trade me in for one if he had the chance! ha ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!!! Sounds like my hubby with our little Max ~ he says it takes a big man to walk a little dog LOL!!! CUTE card Kim, love the soft grays and the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so beautiful,Kim! I love the embossed background and the stamp is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newton's Mischief is such a darling set, isn't it! You've showcased the sweet scarf-draped kitty beautifully! As for your 'men' being kitten-smitten - delightful! We don't have cats (I'm angling for a puppy and kitten down the road...), so for now, Newton it will have to be! LOVE your card; hope you don't mind if I case it down the road. I know a certain 3 1/2 year old who would adore a kitten card!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so sweet, but now I can't wait to see what you do with the other cat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Kim! Love the snowflake background and the banners.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim! I have to say this card is Gorgeous! I love how it's so soft and white with a few pops of color! Plus I LOVE the layout! Thanks for showcasing NND on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card Kim and the kitty is cuter! Love the touch of Island Indigo ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps with this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet...love your adorable kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the white background with embossed snowflakes!
    This kitty is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable.. I love the embossed background and the coloring on your kitty. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cats are adorable!! I love how you used a tag on your card--it works so well with this wonderful sketch. thanks for playing along with Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card - and I love that embossed background and the little snowflake you tied to the tag. Thanks for playing with us at Sunday Stamps. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! And loved the back story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a super fun Christmas card! I love the pops of colour against the neutral background. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute kitty... fitting image with the colours and embossing folder you chose. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My goodness this is sweet. LOVE all the white space with just a wee bit of colour :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!