Sunday, November 24, 2013

Make It Monday: Heat & Stick Snowflakes

This week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday was a MUST-DO for me - using heat and stick powder and glitter.  I love glittering entire images and die cuts and even the entire fronts of cards for my holiday cards and Heat & Stick makes it so much easier.  PTI provides a video with instructions.  Even though I do it regularly, I watched the video and was glad that I did.  I recently had a friend struggle because her glitter wouldn't stick and I couldn't help her because it always worked for me.  The video had the answer. Did you know that if you heat the Heat & Stick for too long it loses its stickiness?  You are supposed to heat it just until it changes and no more!

I pulled out Papertrey's Snowflake Flurries because I knew that I was simply going to stamp them on circles and then glitter the entire circle.  I love the delicate look of these flakes.  The sentiment came from a newer set called 'Tis the Season.  The snowflake set does have sentiments but none of them fit on my layout.  Also, in yesterday's mail, I got my PTI package from their last release and had to use the Tilted Tops dies.  I can't believe that I paid for dies that  cut a shape that would be very easy to cut with a paper trimmer!!??  But it sure made it easy!

Peace on Earth with Heat & Stick

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Snowflake Flurries, 'Tis the Season sentiments
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Smokey Shadow, Webster's Pages It's Christmas dsp
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Smokey Shadow
  • Accessories: Spellbinders Circles and Rectangles, Pearlized Crochet Thread, Stampin' Up Heat & Stick Embossing Powder, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter, Neat & Tangled Crystal Clear Sequins


13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning, Kim! Love those snow flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and card :) How did the Tues meeting go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty! Love the colours and the layout! I have the opposite problem with dies - I don't have any! Not even a die cutting machine! I'm too cheap to buy them! So I cut everything out...everything! It actually relaxes me for the most part, but some days, it is just painful!! Maybe I will break down and buy one, one of those painful days...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! Love the snowflake flurries glittered and your angled die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Kim ... love those glisten-y snowflakes ... fab colours! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are pretty snowflakes Kim! Pretty card and a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty!! Fabulous Design and the snowflakes are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post gave me a good laugh out loud. I too purchased those dies knowing full well that I could just cut the paper at an angle. I don't know why I felt compelled to buy the dies but i used them all weekend and I love them. Your card is beautiful. I wish I had purchased the snowflake flurries stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your glitter, Kim. I bought the dies, too, thinking "why?" and I haven't used them yet, but I love the look, and I'm sure the ease. Now I need to get some of that Heat and Stick.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!