Sunday, November 17, 2013

Deconstructed Sketch: 1-800-LUV-TRKY

I am so completely in awe of this blogging world and the people in it.  Thank you to everybody who posted loving, supportive and prayerful comments on my blog yesterday.  I laughed and cried and prayed through them - and then re-read them for my husband as his emotional support. I cannot believe how many of you have survived the same things - paint spills, the need for codeine, shopping for boulders(!) and even the loss of a church.

I wish I had words of wisdom for those of you dealing with church issues but it is so deeply painful to lose a church community, there is little wisdom to give.  I know that faith is more fundamental than the church building, yet that community is what gives us a foundation.  Sometimes the Lord seems so close - but sometimes so far away - and I need my church community to remind me that it is me that keeps Him far away.  He never leaves. You are all in my prayers.

On a much, much lighter note...

I fell in love with this mini set from Sweet Stamp Shop called Turkey Hotline.  Each of the sentiments is separate so you can used them individually, but I anted to tell a complete Thanksgiving day "story" with them.  Heat up that oven, eat that turkey, ate 2 much, never again...at least until leftovers!!!  (My hubby makes a fabulous turkey soup with every type of leftover from the meal in one pot...it's better than the actual meal!)

Luv Trky

I've had the set for awhile, but had to jump on it when I saw the Deconstructed Sketch and realized how well it would showcase my "story"!


  • Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop Turkey Hotline
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Simple Stories I {Heart} Summer (the stripe)
  • Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle, Copics
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Squares, May Arts twine

14 comments:

  1. This card could not be any cuter...it is PERFECT!!! I especially love that piece of patterned paper peeking out from below. I think I will print out a picture of this card and hang it in my craft room because it just makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny!! What a fun idea for a stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your spirits have been lifted, and even though the journey still has obstacles, some peace is finding its way through. Your card is fabulous, and yes, captures exactly what happens during those Thanksgiving feasts. Canadian Thanksgiving is long over and I'm almost ready for another 'round' of oven, eat, sighhh..." Perhaps a chicken will do between now and my mom's Christmas spread. Have a wonderful Sunday; thanks for starting my day off with a smile!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea for thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, you are doing such amazingly cute things with your Sweet Stamp Shop stamps! LOVE this turkey hotline card...I know so many cooks who can appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card!! And my husband makes a mean Thanksgiving "leftover" soup, too; we should swap recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you and your hubby could take some comfort from the comments - it is a most awesome, supportive community, isn't it?!! I feel so lucky to be a part of it!
    That stamp set is perfect!! Like you were saying about Freshly Squeezed, I love that I haven't seen anything like this before! It's always awesome to see something unique and fresh! Love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card made me smile.

    I also want to tell you that my thoughts went to you today while in church. The sermon was on prayer and the miracles that can come from them. My prayers for you and your church continue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so much fun, Kim ... such a cute little turkey and fabulous hotliners!

    Yes, our blogworld truly is an awesome one and we are all so blessed to be part of it. Happy to read you were comforted by so much support. The Lord is always with us, even when we feel He is far away (Matthew 28:20).

    Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card! Could you possibly post the recipe for that soup? Sounds very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha, ha, and showcase it did!
    Oh, my, this is just soooooo funny!!
    This really made my day!
    I always try to take a look on your and Marybeths blogs before I have my breakfast and I'm glad I did!!
    That poor turkey!
    And all the poor people who eat too much, ha, ha.
    My younger sister lives in the States because her husband is an Americain, but she has days (!!!)
    leftovers and she winds up making salades, soup etc.
    Maybe a smaller size turkey would do the trick next time, ha, ha.

    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!