Wednesday, November 20, 2013

clean&simple: Happy Fall Y'All

I haven't posted for a number of days...very busy getting my house ready for a large dinner last night. My husband and I don't entertain often, nor are we particularly clean and tidy people - so we have to invite people over every so often just to force us to do basic maintenance.  We painted halls and bathroom, we started a rock garden along our walkway, and about a million other little decorating/cleaning things.

Thank you so much for everybody who thought of this gathering and said a prayer.  It was a very nice evening - great conversation, lots of laughter, but only time will tell if the church's long-term interim pastor said the words that this group needed to hear.  It's been a long and difficult year at this church. A year ago - over 400 at worship, now a good week is 150, and the youth program has been hit even harder.  The group that gathered last night had all been hurt in some way - some left the church, some stayed but not happily - but all still love the church community and all still want to see it grow again. Last night was just a dinner, but it felt like a start!

I was going to skip posting again today.  I hadn't planned on making cards, rather I was going to organize and plan ahead.  One of the things that I did was look at my fall/Thanksgiving stamps in my NBUS stash - I figure I have to get them used in the next week.  With other posts already scheduled - I needed to start today to get my fall stamps used!

This is a Hero Arts set called Happy Fall Y'All (although it also a Merry Christmas stamp).  I liked it for the idea of coloring in the dots - but when it came in the mail, I realized it was much bigger than I had thought!  The current clean&simple sketch gave me room to use it.

Happy Fall Y'All


When I saw the picture I realized that I hadn't done a very good job of blending the Copics.  I went back to fix it, the cat jumped up while I was coloring and I now have a smear across the card.  So you get to see the non-blended coloring and the original has to go in the trash.  Good thing that cat has a nice purr because this is not the first card she has ruined.

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Happy Fall Y'All
  • Paper: My Favorite Things Primitive White, Simple Stories Harvest Lane
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics, Versamark
  • Accessories: Lil' Inkers Stitched Rectangles, My Favorite Things Fishtail dies, Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Chocolate Sparkle embossing powder, Hemptique Natural Twine


12 comments:

  1. I love those happily colored dots. I mean THEY look happy, maybe you weren't after the cat disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, great colours!! I'm a tidy clean person...but company clean is a whole other matter. I always said...I don't mind the entertaining and cooking...I would just like a team of maids to do the "company's coming cleaning".

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT card! I absolutely love the colors, and that stamp is so lively & cute!!!

    I'm in the same boat right now - haven't posted in a week on my blog either, because of so much going on in my crazy life! I have 4 kids, and we're winding down the school week before their week long break next week. Ugh, so much going on!

    I also understand about having to have people over in order to get the house all spiffy clean again. Lol! I told my brother and his wife to come over once a month so my husband and I will be forced to do a top-to-bottom house cleaning once a month!

    AND, one more thing I can relate to... using stamps you have for Fall! I, too, have few that I really want to use before it's too late. I think I'll make some Fll cards for next week and pop them in my neighbors' mail boxes. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this card is awesome..love the colored dots..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to hear your dinner went well Kim, bet you and hubby have breathed a sigh of relief! Cute card today. The colorful dots and stripes look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you all care so much about each other and the community, and that you are trying to work things out together. Though it may not seem like it right now, it will all work out. So often it's the difficult things in our lives that allow us to grow, be better and that teach us important life lessons. I know you will all get through it, and be better for it in the end :)
    I am loving the colours in the card! Apparently kitty did too, and wanted to add some more :( !! You will have to do a re-make - you can't let this beauty go to waste!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Fall card Kim. Love the colors and how they just pop. Fall is for sure my favorite season.

    How nice of you to invite people from your church over to gather. Hopefully, you can get the congregation back to where it was or at least figure out why they are leaving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, man, after all that work! At least we got to see it first! I'm glad to hear that the meeting/dinner went well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute Kim, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun and happy card, Kim ... full of delicious autumn colours! Happy to hear your dinner went so well ... hope the future of your church community goes equally well! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you decided to post, to share not only the tidying up episode (our house seriously needs a makeover!!), but to let us know that perhaps a 'healing journey' for your community make have been launched. that is joyous news, and I believe that, in time, things will work out favourably. What a wonderful community you have; and how generous of you to take on the hosting role! Now, about this card: gorgeous!! Love your take on the sketch, your colours, your images (I'm already panicked about not having a chance to use all my Christmas goodies!), and the bit of kitty art - well, that just makes it all the more unique! Great post; fabulous card!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a wonderful, colorful card! Very eye-catching. You are definitely one of my favorite designers - I don't think there is a single card you have made that I don't think is absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!