Saturday, November 9, 2013

Christmas with Stampin' Up

I had a wonderful afternoon this week playing at a friend's house with her extensive Stampin' Up collection!  I always find sets that I don't own myself - it's like magically doubling my collection.

The paper on this first card caught my eye.  (I didn't write down what it was called - sorry!)  I also love this particular sentiment from Christmas Messages in the holiday catalog.  I didn't get the set for myself because a number of the other sentiments just didn't really work for me.  The jingle bell is a Martha Stewart punch.

<Joyful Tidings

I used the sketch from Seize the Sketch which I thought was hard, but I have loved what I have seen others doing with it so I challenged myself to try!


I also wanted to use the Christmas tree from Special Season in the holiday catalog and the Winter Frost dsp.  Even though trees aren't typically Bermuda blue - I put the two together!  The ticket is from That's the Ticket.

Christmas Wishes

I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch because it had a big enough panel for this tree - but the challenge closed before I got the card done!


I am hoping for a relaxed day of crafting today since, after two weeks off, classes start again Monday for me.  I am a full-time college student going for a second bachelor's degree.  I am doing it online - which means I can do it with a mug of coffee in my jammies every morning.  But I discovered that the major downside is that there isn't a Christmas break!!!  Seriously!!  When I figured that out, I declared to the men and boys in my house that they had better behave themselves today - I refuse to deal with "Andrew did this" or "Erik won't let me" or "I'm bored" - I hope to craft in peace with my television channel tuned to some serious chick flicks!  Fingers crossed!

16 comments:

  1. Faulous jingle bell, Kim ... gloriously glisten-y! Love the blue tree, wonderfully adorned with silver baubles ... so festive! Have a happy, chick film filled, crafty day! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with the sketch, Kim! The paper is very pretty and I like the Jingle Bell accent. Thank you for joining us at Seize the Sketch. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Kim! I always appreciate it when my friends own stamps that I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas cards! I really like the jingle bell on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did that two weeks fly by so quickly?!! Make the most of your day today!! Beautiful cards, Kim - love the sparkle and shine on the jingle bell and the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like how you interpreted the Seize the Sketch sketch. I struggles with it, too. The blue tree really fits with the paper and is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every once in a while a bunch of us get together and just stamp images from each other's sets (especially new ones) to use later. It's a fun way to expand our collection without having to buy them ALL! Looks like you had a great time completing whole cards that came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are wonderful! Love the first one with the clever take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim both cards are just gorgeous! I love that jingle bell and my mission this week is to go and find it.
    Thanks for much for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are amazing...love seeing how you were inspired!
    Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the jingle bell but really both card are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both amazing, Kim. I love how you hung the jingle bell on the first card. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've posted such a stunning gallery of cards and I need to catch up! The two here: gorgeous!! Love the "big" images on both; eye-catching and striking! Fabulous!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, these are great!!
    And I love the unusual colorcombo's!!
    Feast for the eye!

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!