Friday, November 29, 2013

Catered Crop: Animal House


The current challenge at Catered Crop is "Animal House". Linda says...

We’re going to get wild with this challenge. No, it’s not a Toga party or a food fight like the 1978 John Belushi classic. Just add wild life, pets, or any animal (dogs, cats, bears . . . ) anywhere in your challenge. And party on!



I was cleaning my desk yesterday afternoon and found one lone fall stamp still in my NBUS stash.  I had worked so hard to make sure nothing "fall" had to hang out in the box for the entire year - but I missed one.  However, I wasn't feeling "fall" anymore so I took this squirrel (which included a "Happy Fall" sentiment) and put him in a winter scene.  The poor little guy's acorns were all buried with the first snow..."Oh, Nuts!"

Oh Nuts

I did glitter the sentiment to make it look a little more snowy and I'm wishing I wouldn't have done that.  I worked so hard on that sentiment and now it's not very clear.  I put together the scene with a strong memory that there was an "oh nuts" stamp in the set.  Guess what?  There wasn't.  There is a "go nuts" sentiment.  Luckily, the various sentiments all had the right letters so I cut up my teeny tiny sentiments.  I don't mind cutting stamps - but not teeny tiny letters out of various sentiments.  Anyway...I got my "oh nuts" then I messed it up with the glitter - but I most definitely was not going to line up and stamp those letters again!

I hope you play along - but whether or not you do, you must check out the Pinterest board full of animal ideas that Linda has curated.  You can head over to Catered Crop to get the link (and be sure to check back in Sunday when the entire design team shows their creations) - or here is the direct Pinterest link.  There's another week to play along so you have plenty of time!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Nuts for You
  • Ink: Memento black, Copics
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Sahara Sand CS and dsp
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Nuts for You dies, Lil Inkers Sentiment Flag die, Taylored Expressions Birch Tree Border die, My Favorite Things Snow Drift die

15 comments:

  1. This is super cute, Kim! I love the snowy scene you created! And you are super brave, cutting up your sentiments to create a new one - I'd be scared to do it. With my luck, I'd lose some letters along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute idea, burying the nuts in the snow. If it had been me, I would have printed "oh nuts" on the computer. I have cut apart a few stamps but what you did sounds scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cut stamps, but not individual letters you brave woman! You need a black marker and stampamajig. This is adorable though so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO awesome! LOVE the scene, and your efforts with the sentiment totally paid off - I think it looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim this is such a perfect card! The snowy scene, the perfect sentiment, I love everything about it! Embossing folder?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, ha, ha, this is soooo funny!!!
    I laughed out loud! Your card is FAB!
    love the squirrel and his nuts and this cut up sentiment, it's such a perfect match!
    Well at least the poor creature can still smile!!!
    We have a lot of squirrels over here in our garden, but they don't seem to find their nuts always...
    :-)
    Bye and thanks for making me laugh!

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. I'm so sorry for my bad English, but I think you know exactly what I mean. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay could this BE any cuter!! Love the sentiment and your sweet winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute...love the snow falling in the background and your trees are so pretty. What a darling squirrel, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Nuts! This is freankin' stinkin' cute! Love the buried nuts in the snow - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sooo stinkin' cute!!! love that squirrel and all the white on white. your work always makes me smile. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so cute! I love how you tucked his acorns in the snowbanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this is so cute! I love how you tucked his acorns in the snowbanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really dang cute, Kim! LOVE the acorns in the snow, and the trees in the background are terrific! And I think the sentiment looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!