Friday, November 15, 2013

Addicted to Fresh Squeezed, CAS and Sketchbook!!

A few days ago, my must-make-ASAP list included an anniversary card.  The card was for a younger couple so I wanted it to be "fresh" and unique.  I was immediately drawn to the sketch at Sketchbook Saturday with the idea of a splash of hearts (see sketch below).  I was also thrilled to see that the challenge at Addicted to CAS was "Anniversary".

Then I was stuck.  I am embarrassed to admit how long it took me to realize that I had just praised Fresh Squeezed Stamps for being "fresh" yet I didn't immediately go to my collection to see if I had the stamps to do an anniversary card.  Guess what?  I do!!  So I made sure that I took pictures before I mailed it - then kept it for today because it's my day to post on the Fresh Squeezed blog!

Happy Anniversary


I love the Polaroid frame with its three little stripes.  It's from On Trend 2013 which also has the little sparkles that I used here.  The little people are from Breath of Fresh Flair which includes a totally fun and unique variety of stamps!  I used the sentiment from You Said It, Sister but I cut it in half so that it would fit.

If you haven't tried cutting clear stamps - try it!  It really increases the usability of the sets!  But I would highly recommend that you cut a stamp with a curve or other unique shape so that you can easily fit the stamp back together.  If you cut straight through the stamp - it becomes very difficult to line up again when you want to put it back together.  Here's a straight cut.


Can you imagine trying to get it lined up again on an acrylic block?



So cut with a curve or a squiggle so it fits back together perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle!


Kim's Tip of the Day!!  Hope it helps!

19 comments:

  1. Love the angle of the different papers and the frame with the happy couple is definitely unique and fresh!!!
    No sequins? :-)
    The tiny hearts make a perfect finishing touch!
    Bye,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet anniversary card..love the angled look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS AND YES IM SHOUTING! I've been eyeing up those two sets and now i think I neeeeeed them!

    I cut my stamps up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are bang on - this is SO fresh!! Love it, and so will the special couple!! Thanks for the tip on cutting clear stamps - I never even though about this (and yes, all of mine are cut in a straight line!!) - well, that's about to change!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that stunning shocking pink border, Kim ... and I absolutely adore those hearts ... they look as though they've been enamelled! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink+grey; stripes+slants; hearts+shimmer; sparkly frame+couple: yes, all the math adds up to one thing: perfect anniversary card! You are working magic with the FSS stamps! LOVE this!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  7. An excellent anniversary card Kim. Way to showcase those sets! What a fantastic tip for cutting, I have always done straight and it is tough to piece back together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love the crisp clean look.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, firstly love the tip for cutting clear stamps GENIUS ! Secondly what a gorgeous card love the Polaroid ,sparkle and pink perfect for an anniversary and fir our challenge at ATCAS. Thanks for joining in our celebration and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great tip, Kim and a wonderful anniversary card! I love all those little hearts! Glad you shared this at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous CAS card Kim - I am in love with those cute little hearts, and the whole design is awesome!
    Thank you for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous CAS card Kim - I am in love with those cute little hearts, and the whole design is awesome!
    Thank you for joining us again at ATCAS - Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super sweet card, Kim, and fabulous tip!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is amazingly cool, Kim! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Freshness achieved! I love this card. And your tip for trimming stamps is brilliant...because I have had a super hard time lining up the ones I've cut straight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This card rocks my world! It's perfect, everything's just top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Congratulations on the showcase over at ATCAS for this great card, Kims!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like all the agony produced a winning card. Congrats on the top 3 at ATCAS. And thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!