Saturday, June 22, 2013

Absolutely Thinking of You

This is my second post today.

I am having a very good day.  I turned in the final projects for my classes yesterday and now I have a two week summer break!  (The next break is a week-long fall break and they don't even have a Christmas break - so I am going to take full advantage of this break with a lot of time in my craft corner!)  I had a plan today to catch up on some Operation Write Home sketches, tutorials and throw-downs.  I got sidetracked by the great sketch and bold colors at the Fusion Card Challenge and then I realized that it would really well with windows which is the OWH tutorial this week!  Check out the cute little owls peeking out of their holes!!

Absolutely Thinking of You


I fused the two challenges.  Obviously, I used the sketch.  Then from the inspiration, I got the owls, the flowers, and the rich browns and teals with pops of bright colors.

The window are quite easy to do.  Punch or die-cut your window shapes out of post-its.  Line them up on the cardstock.  Then use your punch (upside-down) or your die to cut each shape.

Absolutely Thinking of You Close Up for Window Card

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Love Bandit, Simon Says Stamp On Edge
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Island Indigo, American Crafts Soho Garden 6x6
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Early Espresso
  • Accessories: Simon Says Stamps Absolutely die, Stampin' Up Island Indigo twine, Papertrey Ink wood impression plate, misc heart gems colored with copics

16 comments:

  1. Great, great card!!!
    love the lay out and those tiny owls are just great humour!
    Thanks for the inspiration and enjoy your well earned break!!
    Bye from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card!!! Love the use of woodgrain with the windows for the owls. Great take on the Tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fusion! Those papers and owls are so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS card Kim - absolutely love your negative die-cuts & owls!
    So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute cute card Kim! I like the strip of sweet floral paper. Enjoy your break, hope you have lots of time for making your fabulous cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Kim ... those owls are brilliant peeking through their round windows and I love the detailing of the little heart gems ... adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this...such a FUN card! Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute card, Kim! and what a great tip with the window:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! Love those little owls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super super cute! And thanks for the tip about aligning the circles...I'm so going to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just gushing over this card, Kim! It's awesome - I love every, single element! And those owls are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh ... I am envying your crafting time! Sweet funky card, Kim! Have fun in your craft corner! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! Love the woodgrain and color scheme, and the owl windows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! I love the woodgrain paper with the sweet owls, so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!