Monday, April 22, 2013

Sometimes in the Winds...

Only six more days and I am done with my Marketing class that is taking up so much of my time!  Yeah!!

I've also been taking an accounting class which has a fairly fun final project.  Yes, I do think playing with numbers is fun, but in this case I also have to describe a simple "manufacturing process" (the prof's example was making chocolate chip cookies to sell at a bake sale) and then follow the accounting through the process.  (FYI: what I've discovered so far in this class is that the "manufacturing process" may be simple, but accountants have managed to make the numbers part really, really complicated!)  Well...I don't bake...but I do make cards!!  So I get to describe my favorite hobby - this will be easy!!  But I am also a little nervous about gathering together the "costs" of the hobby!!

Today is my day to post over at The Alley Way Stamps (TAWS).  It's my last official April post before the countdown begins for new May stamps (countdown starts Saturday at the TAWS blog; I don't post until Monday, then a full blog hop on Tuesday).  I have really liked playing with the sentiments in Life is Short.  This one is my favorite (although I do wish that the wind would settle down a bit at my house.)

Sometimes in the Wind
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Life Is Short
  • Paper: American Crafts Soho Garden 6x6 pad
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz button, Divine Twine Black Licorice, Darice Butterfly on Flower embossing folder, sequins are from a mixed bag from the Etsy shop Endless Inkabilities

15 comments:

  1. I've always used (very) creative accounting when working out the cost of this hobby ;)

    Great sentiment, and I love the dry embossed background teamed with the floral strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your embossing and sweet border. It'll be interesting to see you findings on your marketing process. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely, Kim! Is this one of those 'at any cost' moments?! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that narrow strip of gorgeous paper and I see another embossing folder to add to my list. I love that sentiment. Need to check this set out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eye-catching, stunning, gorgeous! Love the floral paper, the embossing folder and the sentiment! All three have been added to the wish list as, I'm sure, will be some new TAWS stamps!! Yes indeed, this is one marvelous card! As for your project - I've been keeping a list of my card-making spending since starting in August. Lotsa $$, but I can 'justify' everything. Besides, a happy, crafty wife is a good thing!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that embossing folder you have used! And ... The gorgeous paper you have teamed with it! Perfect choices for this one, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've used the embossing folder Kim, I look at those scene type folders and wonder how I'd use them!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being almost finished with the Marketing class, Kims! I know you'll do well on the final project, especially since it will be one so close to your heart!

    Your card is really beautiful! Sweet and CAS so that the wonderful sentiment takes center stage! A fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with finishing up your class! Celebrate...
    Your card is just beautiful and that patterned paper along the side is so pretty and your embossed background, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kim love you embossed background
    jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the way you did this card! The verse is really true and reflects a struggle going on in our family right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!