Thursday, April 25, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! with Dahlias

It's a very unique sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch and I LOVE it!!


How different are those staggered tags?!  I chose to use flowers and leaves, but as usual, the rest of the design team came up with amazingly fun ideas - coffee cups, cute little cars, a camera - be sure to check it out on the CAS(E) this Sketch blog.


Happy Birthday Dahlia
If you follow my blog, you are now thinking...hey, I've seen that flower in those colors!  Yes, you have. I had originally started this card with the bigger dahlia and leaves that are in the stamp set - but they were just too big for the layout.  After going to the work of die-cutting and embossing them, I most certainly was not going to waste them - so the big dahlia showed up on a card just two days ago!!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlias
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz, Lucky Limeade
  • Ink: Versamark, Memento black
  • Accessories: white embossing powder, Papertrey Ink Delightful Dahlias dies, CTMH Bitty Sparkles (colored with Copics), Divine Twine Black Licorice, misc black and white gingham

14 comments:

  1. I always love to see how you interpret these sketches! So inspiring! :)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. The choice of that specific green is perfect with this. The ribbon, the bling, the bit of twine...all perfect. Love this! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Kim! Your 'vision' of the sketch is wonderfully unique. Pretty, plus! Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that dahlia last time, I love it again this time ... such an inspired take on the sketch! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This colour combo needs to be repeated ... It is so gorgeous! Love your take on e sketch! You aren't as "literal" as you once were! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just too pretty! Your colors are so bright and sweet for a birthday card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so very pretty Kim, love love love that background colour, actually ALL the colours work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Every element is just perfect! I love the little sprinkling of gems above the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did this, Kim! The flower is perfect for this sketch. The ribbon and twine...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! Love the colors, and the great placement of those teeny jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute use of this sketch, Kim. Love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty and very classy, Ki,. Love your gingham ribbon and the scatter of gems at the sentiment is a lovely touch. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your take on the sketch, Kim! The colors are so yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!