Thursday, April 18, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch: Happy Bee Day!

This is my second post today!

It's time for another great sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!  I love these sketches!!  I can't tell you how many times I have gone back and used older ones for inspiration (and as part of the design team, how often I have had to stop myself from using future ones!!)  If you haven't bookmarked the page with past sketches - do it now - it will be a constant source of inspiration!

Today's sketch is no different - clean and simple, but lots of flexibility...



I had this set from Simon Says Stamp at the top of my box of new stuff and I thought the little squiggly line in the sketch could be a bee's flight path!!

Happy Bee Day


I know that I am often guilty of looking at other blogs and thinking the ideas that I am seeing are so "easy" that even I could do them.  But there is rarely a truly "easy" card.  For me, every once in awhile, a card just comes together and I am thrilled.  But mostly I experience a LOT of false starts, or smudged inks or I just plain don't like what I have done.  Today was particularly bad - so I snapped some shots of all of my false starts for this sketch!!  (The feather was my original idea for the sketch and there are probably about a dozen attempts at that one alone!)

Hopefully this sketch will go a little easier for you!!!  I'm looking forward to see what you create!

  • Stamps: Simon Says Stamp Circle Friends
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Harvest Gold
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Harvest Gold, Memento Black, copics
  • Accessories: Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter (on his wings), Tim Holtz embossing folder


15 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - and the process of its 'arrival' great to see! Nice to know that all of us have false starts and the occasion 'what am I doing' moments. SimonSays - I need to go window-shopping at their site (and I can predict what will happen!).
    Hope your day is Bee-utiful!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sunny card - love the embossed and stamped hexes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ... sooo sweet ... love the embossed borders! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. Stop! This is just darling!!! That is the happiest, cutest bee I have ever seen. And the little circle of chicken wire...Seriously awesome card. Lalalove it. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is just too darn cute! Love that sweet little bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So that's the secret to your perfect card after perfect card. I tend to just "go with it" no matter how I feel the card is going. I am going to try & adopt your approach ... And start again if I am not happy (which is often.) wow! Your original idea did a huge MORPH ... Didn't it?! Sweet result! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the final card but I agree, I also like seeing what it took to get there. I was actually thinking about this the other day because I usually have a couple cards I made that just didn't quite work out for the sketch and I was thinking about maybe sharing them on the CTS facebook page as the week went on. I wasn't sure what people would think about that but I'm thinking it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card, I know it's hard most of the time to turn out something that's acceptable to you. My garbage can in the craft room is stuffed with failed attempts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Kim...and the background embossing, wonderful!! Sweet:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gotta say your 'original' attempts look real good from here, but I'm happy you went with the bee, it's soo much fun, especially with the circle of hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you incorporated the sketch! This is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how creative you are...I wouldn't have thought to use a circle...I see a square and I tend to keep it square...this card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so agree that CASE this sketch is a brilliant resource for fab CAS sketches Kim. I love the card you finally came up with - all the elements fit together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!