Thursday, April 4, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch! Get Well

This is my second post today.  
"Something wonderful"is just a post away.

First...I just have to say that I have a problem with the sentiment "get well".  It just seems so demanding..."get well - now!"  As if the recipient has a choice??!!   So I was cringing the entire time I was finishing this card, but I painted myself in a corner with that tag.  I needed a get well card but I didn't have teeny-tiny, less demanding sentiment.

OK...now that I got that off of my shoulders...it's time for a new sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch!


So many options!!  If you check out the design team, you will find that some used the tag - but you'll also see butterflies, vases and a few streaks and blobs of paint.  It really is quite amazing to see how a group of people use a sketch.  That's why I also love when you play along because I get to see them all!!

Here's my card.  The tag became a fence, but I did also add a little tag on my fence!

Get Well

Hope to see you play along!


iPad Users: The iPad/iPod tab at the top of my page has been updated.  Mostly just removing a lot fo clutter so it's much easier to use now!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Little Bitty Bird and Little Bitty Bird Additions, Tiny Tags II
  • Paper: Papertrey Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Simon Says Stamp Woodgrain Cardstock
  • Ink: Papertrey Ink Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink dies: Little Bitty Bird and Little Bitty Bird Additions, Tiny Tags, misc leaf punch, Doodlebug Designs twine, white embossing powder

23 comments:

  1. Love the fence as the tag element and the bright, cheery colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorful birds on the white picket fence would make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, adorable, adorable! Day-brightener and smile-maker, plus!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love it! Do you have a tiny wishes …stamp. I think we all understand its not a demand but a wish! Well, its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim
    Fabulous card......
    Love the little birds....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bright colours Kim, love how you combined the two sets s well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinking cute! Love your interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious, completely adorable! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your take on the sketch. Bright, fun and cheerful. Just what you need to GET WELL....NOW! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once used the sentiment 'feel better' and this totally freaked my husband out, but I actually think it's kinda cool. I've never really thought about 'get well' before... I don't think I'll ever look at it the same though lol. ps your card is sooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great minds DO think alike! I thought I was the only one to think that way about Get Well! What if someone has a terminal or permanent illness? I use "thinking of you" or "remembering you in prayer today." For more serious afflictions, I think an appropriate Bible verse is more encouraging along with a personal note inside. Your card is very cheerful and just fine for someone on the mend, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, this is just too darn cute and those colors are sure to cheer up anyone who is under the weather, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had me at birds on a fence! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your take on the sketch ~ the birds on the fence are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Love what you did wi the sketch! You definitely are thinking outside the square now! Gorgeous balance of colours. Adorable, Kim! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love little scene you created and how you added tag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so stinkin cute! love this Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just the sweetest! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love how you incorporated the picket fence into the design, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is so sweet and full of fun details - the twirls in the BG - that I think the smiles it brings will help anyone get well. And BTW, you're a total dearie for sharing your techie knowledge with us tech-less bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These sweet birds perched on the diecut fence are so cheerful! Love the tag too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!