Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Butterflies - Two Ways

I am in a butterfly mood today.  It could be that today begins a three day warm up toward record breaking temperatures!

I decided to break out my neon inks.  Every so often I look at them, have a little buyer's remorse (they really aren't my style) and decide that I have to get some use out of them!  For this card, I paired the bright colors with kraft to tone them down a little.

Uniko Butterflies

The sketch comes from Nacho Average Challenge.


I had this card all done and photographed and realized that I was being a little stupid.  I actually won the butterfly stamps that I am using from Addicted to CAS and their current challenge is "Wings".  Obviously, I should have used these butterflies on a CAS card!!

Uniko 2

  • Stamps: Uniko Bright Butterflies
  • Ink: Hero Arts Neon Yellow, Pink, Orange, Green
  • Paper: Astrobrights Glow, Stampin' Up Crumb Cake
  • Accessories: black pearls, Sizzix embossing folder, ribbon from Hobby Lobby

14 comments:

  1. Love them...the kraft with the bright colours looks fab!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my CAS-loving-heart. I think you done those neon inks proud, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these butterflies! What a lovely win. I think the Neon ink would be kind of daunting to us, but you've done a beautiful job! Both cards are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the neon colours are just fab - they work so well with the pretty butterflies. Love the CAS card too! Congrats on winning this set - the butterflies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, Kim! Love how you paired those neon colors with kraft, and then made that fabulous CAS card as well. I know that I can always find cards that I love when I come to your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those neon colors are a perfect compliment to the kraft! Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cards Kim. Those neon colours work wonderfully with the butterfly stamp. Thank you for playing along with the Addicted to CAS wings challenge.
    Regards Florence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really loving these colours (and I'm not a bright colour person!) - just gorgeous Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Kim...I love your bright and beautiful butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, Kim, fabulous summery bright colours, love that sentiment! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing cards! I love how you have toned down the fluo colours with the craft cardstock and the second card is so bright and happy! Lovely to see using the butterfly stamps you won from Addicted to CAS... Thank you for playing along with ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. fabulous cards! I love the fluro colours ... I hope you break them out again soon! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the neon butterflies! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! I love the neon!! And, the kraft works so well with the bright colors! Love both of the cards! Thanks so much for playing along with the Nachos this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!