Friday, November 2, 2012

Got Merry??

This is my second post today.  If you are here
for TAWS BE Inspired, it's just a post away!

I put this together for this week's CASology challenge: sugar, using the current Fab Friday sketch challenge.

Got Merry?

I do love sugary things.  Halloween is a favorite because my children get their candy, eat all of the chocolate and leave the sugary treats for me - Smarties, Starbursts and Skittles are the best!!  I also love all things baked - gingerbread cookies are high on the list.  I like chocolate but candy and cookies are my faves!!

Besides the gingerbread man, I also "sugared" the Gumball Green cardstock with a spritz of adhesive and a lot of glitter!



It's a busy weekend in my family - it's the state marching band competition.  I dropped my son at the high school in the pitch dark this morning.  They started with pancake breakfast, then they are rehearsing all morning before heading to the beautiful campus of the Air Force Academy for the preliminary competition.  They have a pretty darn good chance of making it to finals tomorrow - fingers crossed.  I'm pretty proud right now - so you have to suffer through a few pictures of their Halloween rehearsal!!  (It's a rehearsal so no uniforms.)

Rehearsal on Halloween

They have a patriotic show with serious moments then they rock out a little with Katy Perry's Firework!   (I always feel sorry for the homes next to the high school as they deal with the music...noise...of these rehearsals!)

Here's my guy - for about six notes of music he stands in front of the other 100 band members and plays a solo!!
Rehearsal on Halloween

After Halloween rehearsal, the parents set up a trunk-or-treat party for them (and siblings) - here's my guys!!  I understand Andrew's "musical" costume with the Lawrence Welk style accordion (although he had to ask me afterwards who this "Welk" guy is/was that all of the parents kept comparing him to.)  I cannot explain the tutu on Erik!

Rehearsal on Halloween

Have a great weekend - I may not be back again depending on today's results!!  If you think of it at 4 p.m. Mountain time - cross your fingers!!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Got Treats
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Real Red, Gumball Green
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Soft Suede
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents dies and dot embossing folder, Queen and Co Christmas twine, Martha Stewart Fine Crystal Glitter

15 comments:

  1. Love this sweet little ginger bread man Kim! Fingers and toes crossed for the band ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the little twine bowtie you've given the gingerbread man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous I love the gingerbread man he's so cute and the design and layout are fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute. Love it.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that gingerbread man (and his bow tie and buttons!) and your sugared green paper! Wonderful CAS design!Thanks for playing along with CASology this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your card next to mine in the FabFri challenge, and had to come check it out. I love the sparkle! Good luck to your son and the band. My son just started playing the sax this year, and he is nervous about playing a solo in the Christmas concert. Kudos to your son for doing it in front of so many people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas case card Kim. I always like traditional colors.

    I hope your son's team have great success tomorrow.

    PS - Just saw the Punch Layers chart - Fabulous, thank you for sharing that.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable adorable card kim. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the sparkle and the adorable bow on your gingerbread man.

    Fingers crossed for the band. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the sparkle on your card and the cute little bowtie on your gingerbread man! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmm... so yummy!! love pretty much everything about your card!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck to your son ~ Love the sweet gingerbread man and the glittery accents!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! I love your gingerbread man and the embossing and glitter! Hope your band weekend went well! ann y.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you've built these labels to show off the adorable gingerbread man. And the bit of sparkle makes me think of sugary treats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! I really like your take on the sketch and used the Apothecary Accents die in lieu of the banner element! Fun sparkle too! I live about a mile from one of our local high schools and when I walk my son to the elementary school in the mornings I can hear bits and pieces of the HS band playing...mostly the big drums but it brings a smile to my face every time! Thanks for sharing with us at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!