Thursday, November 22, 2012

Goodbye Little Turkey...See Ya Next Year!!

I am blessed with that rarest of things - a husband who cooks - and not does he cook, he insists on doing the entire Thanksgiving feast.  This means that I have time to play!  Thanksgiving is at my house this year but just a small gathering, my family and my brother's family.  That means besides the adults, we have my two teenage boys and two little girls.  So I wanted to throw together something quick and cute.  Not too much work because the children will have them pulled apart before we eat - but just a little decoration.

The little turkey found in Cover-Ups by The Alley Way Stamps HAS to be one of my all-time favorite turkeys.  (Plus, you can get him in a biggie-size in the set It's Fall About You.)  He is so much fun to color!  So I pulled him out one last time this year for this silverware holder...

Silverware Holder

The holder is from a pillow box die - mine is from Papertrey Ink - I know Sizzix and maybe Stampin' Up have them also.  After I cut it out - I cut the the top off straight.  A little embossing, paper and ribbon and it's perfect for the silverware!!

And...between the turkey ("Gobble, Gobble") and silverware (gobble, gobble, yum!), I thought this was a perfect entry for this week's CASology challenge:
  • Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps Cover-Ups, names are computer generated
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Stampin' Up Orchard Harvest dsp, Very Vanilla CS
  • Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa and Copics
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink Pillow Box die and Bookmark die (which I cut shorter for a tag), Stampin' Up Old Olive ribbon and Cherry twine


10 comments:

  1. Oh Kim! I think I might have to borrow this idea for my Christmas table! Thanks for sharing! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic fabulous idea. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea,Kim - have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...love the place holder!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea Kim, love your use of the pillow box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable - I love the handmade special touches that make a festive table unique - I'm definitely going to remember this one for Christmas! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely addition to your table. He makes a fun place name. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh!! how cute is your little silverware holder?? love it!! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So STINKIN cute!!! And you know for some reason the pillow box reminds me of a bar of chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's about the cutest silverware holder I've ever seen! Now you've got my creative juices going with some Christmas ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!