Monday, October 15, 2012

Merry Monday Guest Designer

This is my second post today.

I was thrilled to receive a shout-out at the Merry Monday challenge for my card, Peace on Earth in Plum and that means that I am the guest designer for today's Merry Monday sketch!!

Here's the sketch...


I just received an order from WPlus9 full of Christmas goodies and I pulled out a couple of new toys for my card...

Joy in Cherry and Kraft
The twine is actually another new toy and I'm not as happy with it as I had hoped.  It's a Maya Road twine called shine gold - if you look closely you can see a twist of shiny gold.  (I also got it in silver).  What I don't like is its bulk - it's a true, classic string so fairly thick.  I had to pop all my panels because nothing would lay flat.  It has potential for these rustic cards - I just have to figure out how to use it.
Have fun with this week's sketch!  I was a little sporadic with Merry Monday at the beginning of the year, but now I haven't missed a challenge in months!

I'm also linking this to Christmas Stampin' All Year Long as this week is anything goes.
  • Stamps: WPlus9 Folk Art Flurries, Pretty Patches: Tree (the sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler CS and dsp, Crumb Cake, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
  • Accessories: WPlus9 Seasonal Sentiments die ("joy"), Maya Road Twine Cording Shine Gold, Spellbinders ovals, Stampin' Up border punch

21 comments:

  1. Oh dear....I have resisted the WPlus9 stamps so far, but this little diecut may just push me over the edge! Adorable! Love the colors, and the twine, even if it is a little bulky, it adds a wonderful rustic touch! Congrats on winning a spot this week!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being the Guest Designer this week, Kim! This looks like another winner to me. Love the folk art look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being our Guest Designer this week over at Merry Mondays, Kim! Love your Christmas card and that pretty, shiney twine! Your snowflake adds such a nice touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Kim - well deserved and I love the sketch and what you have produced with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your card very much! I'm glad you got the twine to work for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very pretty!!! Congrats to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim, your card is divine, I love the little snowflake on the O. Congrats' on being picked a Winner last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Love the cherry cobbler / crumb cake / vanilla combination. Wish I had a photographic memory ... To remember all these beautiful ideas! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome Christmas card! I love the colors, and especially the soft, subtle snowflakes stamped onto the sentiment panel! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always a stunning creation Kim! Love the warm, rich colous and the attention to detail, that twine looks Fab! So happy to have you as our GD this week!
    Hugs!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Kim, I love the rich colors you used. Congrats on being Guest Designer :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely Christmas card! LOVING your use of the fab WPlus9 product!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is another beautiful card Kim - I just love those colours for Christmas! Love the "joy" and the snowflake centre. Congrats on being a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim, I'm just doing my daily blog surfing and stopped by your site - so glad I did! This card is beautiful and I'm now off to look at more of your beautiful work. Congratulations on being a GD - can see why they picked you!
    Louise X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous card!!! LOVE the twine--and the colors are amazing! Thanks for joining us at CSAYL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The deep red is gorgeous. Lovely card and I'm sure you'll master that twine! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely warm toned Xmas card, those papers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this card and will most likely case it for my cards this year. The colors are gorgeous. Can you tell me where you got that adorable snowflake in the center of the word "Joy"? I didn't see it mentioned on your list of supplies. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!