Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dynamic Duo: Pumpkin Pie and Die Cuts!!

It's black tie week at Dynamic Duos - that means we give you black and one other color plus a dessert option.  This week the color is Pumpkin Pie and the dessert is die cuts.

Pumpkin Flowers in Felt


I'm having the typical photo problems.  My bright orange flower is really Papertrey Ink's Orange Zest felt and their Orange Zest is almost exactly Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie.

Some of my die cuts are the flower - I cut four felt flowers from Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms #1 die, the biggest flower.  Then I folded each into quarters.  I didn't have any glue specific to felt - so I simply took a little stitch in each to hold them together.  This is definitely not an original idea to me, I have seen these folded flowers on many other cards.  I have not seen them in felt and I'm not sure I would recommend it - it is so thick and bulky.  On the other hand, it's a very warm look - like a fuzzy blanket!

Check out the rest of the design team at Dynamic Duos - then I hope you play along, I love looking at what you have created!

  • Stamps: Hero Arts Many Birthday Messages
  • Paper: black and white
  • Ink: black
  • Accessories: Papertrey Ink's Beautiful Blooms #1 die and Mat Stack 1 and Layerz dies, misc ribbon, Stampin' Up embossing folder

17 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous love the flower. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of a felt flower and this one reminds me so much of a poppy! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about your card! The embossed die cut layer especially caught my eye! I love how much that adds to the background for your beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Kim! The embossing on the die cut is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim! I love that splash of orange and I must say that flower doesn't look too bulky to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pretty orange bloom is just scrumptious Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may be bulky but it looks pretty darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling button flower, Kim and I LOVE that black paid bow!! Glad to see you made it back home safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so much fun each month seeing what the DD girls combine with the black! You have done another stunner! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, and I love that felt flower! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful Kim! I love the felt flower, and everything is placed so perfectly! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love this color scheme and your felt flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous flower, Kim! And that ribbon, black button, embossing and die cut are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kim! Love the CAS look and the bright orange flower. Don't you just love photos!!! uggg!!!
    Looks great to me though!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting caught up on your blog and this is fabulous. Love that bold pop of orange! ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. great card! i like the embossed touch, and your flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!