Sunday, October 21, 2012

Casology:Night and Chevrons

Hi!  I'm back!!  In the last six days I drove back and forth to the Black Hills of South Dakota!  I took my youngest son and had a lot of fun exploring the places that I got to know well in the first 20 years of my life.  I also spent quite a bit of time hanging out with a friend from the last 48 years as she is in hospice.  It should have been a difficult time, but she has always had such an incredibly happy outlook on life, it's hard to be too sad.  Sending prayers to Tammy and Jeff...

So I'm back and left myself 30 minutes to get a card posted for CASology to keep my streak unbroken.  I had also seen the challenge at Just Add Ink to Just Add Chevrons.  The theme at CASology was Night and I thought I would try to use chevron stripes to replicate a sunset/sunrise.  Unfortunately, even I, who knows what was intended, can't see the sunset/sunrise in this card.  But...with 30 minutes to go...here it is...

Night ed

The gray is the silhouetted horizon, then the bright yellow and coral of the sun, then the lighter blue before the night sky.  Get it???

One picture from our trip.  This is NOT South Dakota but a very fun picture...

011 Panorama

This is Carhenge outside of Alliance, Nebraska.  With an active 12-year old in the car, I had to find lots of excuses to stop and walk around.  Carhenge was just a short side trip.  Erik just shook his head and said "people in Nebraska have way too much free time".

23 comments:

  1. I don't see a sunset immediately, but I can almost see it on a choppy ocean. Especially when tied in with the sentiment! lol! Still, wonderful colours - love the pop of yellow and orange and how you tucked it into the chevron (and the bling, of course!). Carhenge just makes me laugh! And the fact that there's a place called Alliance (did I tell you I drove by Climax PA the other day? lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - thanks so much for playing along with CASology again this week! Always great to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Kim! What an awesome Chevron card. Unique Stone Henge too. Your son sounds like a fun character~ ;)
    I'm sorry about your friend. I pray comfort when you need it.
    We are going to a visitation today...ugh. Praise God for HOPE, though,right?! This too shall pass...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the chevron card! The colors are wonderful & represent sunset/sunrise perfectly. Also like how you tucked the sentiment into the orange chevron. Prayers to you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Kim, the dark blue background and the sunrise chevron are brilliant. I think I have two big boys that would love to go to Carhenge! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim I accidently typed sunrise instead of sunset. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun modern sunrise / sunset ~ love the chevrons and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is like an ultra modern piece of art, so original and colourful :0) Great photo of car-henge another great piece of art !!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perhaps your card could be considered modern art! I do love the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe it didn't come out completely like it was in your head but it's still totally cool abstract art! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see it! I can see it! And ... I can see those first tiny stars beginning to twinkle! Great work, Kim! Will be away for a couple of weeks! See you when I get back! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your card is just brilliant, kim! so glad that you had some time to get a card done for the challenge!! thanks for joining us each week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your use of the colored chevrons -- makes sense to me and it is a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, great idea for the challenge! Love those chevrons! I'm still stumped on this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this fun bold card, loving all those different chevrons and how you treated them all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fabulous I love the chevrons. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kim, this is great!! I love what the 'scene' represents, and I'm so glad you explained it all - it makes perfect sense! Loving your use of chevrons. Carhenge looks awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! You are so very clever - great use of chevrons in this creative way. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those brightly colored chevrons remind me of Native American designs! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty! I LOVE the sentiment, and those chevron diecuts are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your thought process Kim and it's all there in layers now you mention it!...:0)
    Love those sparkly Chevrons! Thanks for joining us over at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your colour combo Kim and nice design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great take on night. Love the chevrons. Sounds like you had a fun trip and love your stonehenge I mean carhenge! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!