Sunday, August 5, 2012

CASE Study: My Signature Style

The CASE Study challenge this week is to show off our "signature style".  I hadn't thought much about it, until somebody at church cardmaking this week told me that I had really settled into a style that worked for me.  That doesn't mean that I don't like to experiment and try new things - but this is a style that comes easily to me...
Sending Love

So what makes this "me"?

White Space - I love open space on a card.  I typically go white, but I also love kraft colors.
Splash of Color - I love the surprise of color in the open space.
Simple Images - the image on this card is about as complicated as I get.  I love this image because it is slightly vintage/collage - but only SLIGHTLY.  
Embossing - I am the queen of embossing folders.  Nothing fills that white space better than a little texture.
Scallops - this one amused me...I own dozens and dozens of border punches. I own many unique Spellbinders dies in circles, ovals, etc. that have fun and frilly edges.  99% of the time, I pull out the scallop border punch and the scallop circles.  Everything else just seems too frilly for my style.
A Bow - after I discovered tools that help me tie bows, it is rare that I don't include a bow
Challenges - I LOVE challenges. I am not a trendsetter - I like a starting point.  This card encompasses two besides the CASE Study challenge.

Stampin' Royalty

Try Stampin' on Tuesday

  • Stamps: As You Wish Digital Designs Card Quotes Word Art 2
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit, Patio Party dsp
  • Ink: Copics
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Marvy Uchida Scallop punch, Stampin' Up Raspberry Ripple ribbon and Butterfly Embosslit, Star Dust Stickles

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty Kim and I do think this is your signature style! Isn't it funny that we don't see it until someone else points it out to us!

Marlena M. said...

Yes, you do a great job with texture and color and white spaces Kim. I love the bow,butterfly, and colors here!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

We share many of the style characteristics that you outlined - I too ma a sucker for scallops and even though I have many intricate punches/dies, it's usually my choice :) Also ditto on the pop of colour! Thanks so much for entering this beautiful card into the CASE Study challenge :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful! Love the colors you used and the sketch design came out perfectly! Pretty ribbons and lovely background textures! Thanks for joining us for our 2nd anniversary celebration at CASE Study!

Aileen said...

I love your "style" Kim! Pretty card. Know idea what my style is!!

Aileen x

Sandra Farrell said...

Oh this card is exquisite. I'm so glad that you joined us at Stampin' Royalty this week.

Mynnette said...

This is beautiful! LOVE all the dry embossed white space!!! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Obviously I must be a huge fan of your "style"! I have a gazillion of your cards in my 'to CASE' file! I think this is a really accurate description of your style ... And it is exactly what I want my cards to be ... But ... Somehow I never seem to nail it like you do! This is just gorgeous, Kim! And ... Very YOU! Hugs xxx

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful, Kim. I love your style! Ann

Jenn said...

Beautiful card! I love the added butterfly on top of the ribbon, such a nice touch. I also love that you joined us at 2 of my favourite challenges :) Thanks so much for playing along at Stampin' Royalty and TSOT!

cbuswell said...

Beautiful card! Love the color combo! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study.