Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Baby

I have a third card with the same sketch from the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge...I blame it on the flag/pennant dies that I just got and the fact that this sketch uses TWO of them.  I really hadn't intended to make a third card, but yesterday I was adding cards to our church card sales racks and realized we needed baby cards.  Plus...CAS-ual Fridays has a color challenge - to use pink on a CAS card.  What was I to do but make a baby card...


Sweet Baby


This time I flipped the sketch.  I like it the way it is, but I didn't want that giraffe staring off of the page.


I also have a huge thank you and shout out to Doris at The Stamping Tower.  The cards that I was putting in the church card racks yesterday - they arrived in the mail this week from Doris!!!  She sent me her extra cards!!  I love the world of cardmaking.  Doris is in New Jersey, I'm in Colorado.  We've never met, but we have a bond.  Thank you so much, Doris, you made my day, week, month!!
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Sweet Baby, Stampin' Up Petite Pairs
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Blushing Bride, Going Gray
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up heart border embossing folder, Spellbinders rectangle die, American Crafts ribbon, Papertrey Sweet Baby dies and pink button

23 comments:

  1. Kim, this is the just the sweetest baby card! I really like that delicate frame and the clean design. I wouldn't have given thought to the giraffe staring off the page, but after I read that, it makes total sense and it really makes a big difference in the overall design.That's a great tip. Thanks for sharing! Have a great day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you never fail to give me inspiration with your lovely cards, this one included. Your church is blessed to have you for your gifts and for your love of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh! Who wouldn't like this sweet pink giraffe and the lacy frame is the perfect, girly way to show it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the all white with the pink. Another gorgeous card Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Kim. I love the frame and embossing. Such a great baby card, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo this is just precious Kim! The banner dies do look great and I LOVE the little embossed hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How incredibly adorable is this sweet baby girl card! I love every single sweet detail :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous baby card Kim, I just love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely Kim, I love all your cards :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the white on white layering Kim, with the soft pink features. Fabulous baby card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little stunner! So pretty! Another to file! Will I ever get around to making any of your cards? Hugs xxx
    Ps isn't it lovely when you get a lovely surprise from a friend. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so soft and sweet!

    I found your blog through the PTI forum when searching for the PTI/copic match ups. Thank you for providing the chart! It's going to be so helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! This is so sweet! This has to be one of the cutest baby cards that I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous baby card. The giraffe is so cute and the layers are perfect in white. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfectly gorgeous! I love the texture, sweet bow, button and giraffe! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love your soft colors and the adorable embossing :) Thanks so much for stopping by the TAWS Blog Hop! :) Don't forget to come back tomorrow for more Sneak Peeks..
    HUGS
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kim!! I LOVE THIS!! So soft and pretty...and that giraffe...well it's one of my favorite baby stamps/dies of all times!! Love how you used the sketch and your embellishments are super sweet...lovely baby card:)!! Thanks for sharing your pink creation this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet, classy card Kim! Love the matting and details!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So, so sweet, Kim! Everything is so crisp and fresh-just right for a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. *sigh* This just makes my heart smile - every detail is utter perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!