- It's new release blog hop and party day for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps tomorrow - the hop is up at 8 a.m. Mountain Time!
- It's a new Dynamic Duos challenge on Saturday!
I haven't even felt a glimmer in my brain of ideas for either of these projects. I finally decided yesterday it was because my desk was overwhelming me. It was piled high and I had so much to do...
- I had stray clear stamps that needed to go back with their friends but I couldn't find the sets and constantly worried that they had fallen off my desk into the trash (usually with the help of one of our felines!)
- I had stray post-its and scraps of paper with shopping lists or card to-dos.
- I had new sets that hadn't been indexed (I actually take every stamp and stamp set that I own and put it into labelled sections in notebooks. For example, if I buy a floral set but it happens to include a "Happy Birthday" - that "Happy Birthday" goes in the birthday section of the notebooks and the florals go in the flower section. A pain in the *!?#** but so very worth it in the long run!)
- I had wooden sets that hadn't been removed from their blocks and had tacky glue applied (every stamp that I own is in a CD cases)
- I had cards that weren't "kitted". Every card you see on my blog is actually one of four. I either make the other three for our church card sales racks or I cut everything out and put the paper and supplies in a pencil box to take to church cardmaking for others to make.
Wow - that was quite a pity party, huh??
But I finished, and...not a big surprise...now I have lots of ideas in my head for these card commitments!
While I was cleaning, I ran across some stamps that I had purchased half-off at Hobby Lobby. I knew my mojo was better when I pictured a card using these stamps (not from a set, but they are so cute together), plus the Washi tape I used a few weeks that I swore I would use more than once. This card was together in less than a minute!! Perhaps it shows that it was this fast - but I love it anyway!!
- Stamps: Stampabilities sentiment, Printworks dog
- Ink: Memento brown, Stampin' Up Island Indigo
- Paper: white
- Accessories: My Minds Eye Indie Chic Washi Tape