Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dynamic Duos #7: Melon Mambo and Black

This week's Dynamic Duo is Black Tie: one color plus black and a dessert option.  For this month, the color is Melon Mambo and the dessert is ribbon!


Dynamic Duos


The ribbon is laced through a scalloped circle with cut outs such as the Lacey Circle by Spellbinders or the Perfect Pennants Sizzix die by Stampin' Up.  After I laced, I taped the ribbon to the back.  The ribbon is tied separately and adhered.

The border is the Piestra Tile die by Memory Box.  Then I used strips of Melon Mambo to add the striped effect.

I hope you check out all the design team goodness and then play!  Then head back to the Dynamic Duos blog to link up your creation.  You have until next Thursday at noon PDT to link up.  Please be sure to stick with these TWO colors and any neutrals and don't link up to any other color challenges.  (That's the fine print!!)

  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Itty Bitty Banners, Bright Blossoms
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Basic Black, white
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Basic Black
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Perfect Pennants die, Stampin' Up Bitty Banners Framelits, Stampin' Up black gingham ribbon, black pearls, misc gems colored with Copics
  • Challenges: Freshly Made Sketches




22 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is snazzy! You are so creative....never would have thought to use Bright Blossoms in black!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've weaved the ribbon through the circle and that Memory Box die is wonderful! Love all the black in the BG and the pops of Melon Mambo! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love it! I am loving that Melon Mambo and black combination! This is a classy card! Love the added bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so upbeat and modern Kim! Love the fun die and the weaving of the ribbon is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you ribbon treatment and I must add the border die to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aack! I don't know what I like more: the way you showed off the colors behind the border or the ribbon wound through the die-cut! So, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tile die is awesome. Love the ribbon threaded through the scallops around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this card Kim! I especially love how you laced the ribbon around the circle and that border die from Memory Box is awesome. I need to look for that one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous .... love that die cut border, and what a clever ribbon treatment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card! It is stunning how you used the die and put different colors of paper behind it! And thie ribbon!! And the pearls on the image! Aaaahhh! So gorgeous!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Kim, this is certainly dynamic! Love the ribbon and the punched border. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great card and great details. I love how you did the ribbon! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sensational Kim! The border & ribbon treatments are fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO pretty, Kim! Love how you wove the ribbon through the die cut circle and that border die is fantastic! Ugh, I feel an "enabler alert" coming on. I was trying not to shop, too. Lol!! All 'round awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the ribbon weaving! Very creative....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally delightful Kim! Love all the creative elements you used, especially that tile die and how you showed it off with all the different colours. Caught my eye straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  17. FABULOUS ribbon treatment, I'll definitely be trying this, love your card and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is SO striking, Kim! The ribbon treatment is incredible, and I just keep seeing this amazing die. I love the alternating pink and white behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kim! I just love this card. I so love the ribbon treatment on the circle, and oh that Memory Box die! Love the little bits of bling as the perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, so awesome Kim! Love that tiled look you created with the die! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. And ... this one has gone into my 'ribbon treatments' file! I am getting lots of inspiration today, Kim ... as I catch up on the posts I have missed! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really love that Memory Box die, looks great on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!