Saturday, June 9, 2012

Dynamic Duos #6: Regal Rose and Basic Gray

It's the second week of the month, so for the Dynamic Duos challenge, the theme is "Subtly Yours".  For this month, we have chosen the colors Regal Rose and Basic Gray.



Dynamic Duos Challenge


I think the official definition of the second week color challenge is "soft, romantic colors".  I don't think a circus seal is particularly romantic, but I love the soft look of this card - using a stamp I typically go bold and bright with.

Something that is not evident in the above photo is the embossing technique.  I was playing on Pinterest the other day and found this link to "In and Out Embossing".  I love her amazing samples - the technique is so simple, so obvious (but not to me!) and a wonderful effect.  Here's a close-up of my card, using one of the same embossing folders that she demonstrated.  I am looking forward to playing with others!



Dynamic Duos Challenge

I do hope you choose to play along with our subtle color combo.  Check out the amazing design team samples, play along and head back to Dynamic Duos to link up and let us see your creation!


  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Under the Big Top
  • Paper: Stampin' Up White, Basic Gray, Regal Rose CS and dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Regal Rose copic*
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, dotted ribbon from Michaels, gingham ribbon from American Crafts, Rose Grosgrain (a retired Stampin' Up ribbon), Nestabilities lables, Oyster Divine Twine, Inkssentials white pen (on the cake)
BIG NEWS: The downloadable Stampin' Up Copic Chart on my sidebar
has been updated for Copic matches to the brand new in-colors!!!

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim! I love the way you used embossing folder...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, this is adorable! What a cool embossing technique, too. I can't wait to check that out! I especially love that trio of ribbons tied together with the baker's twine bow. Hope your weekend is fun! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the embossing tip and link Kim. This card is a delight! Love the focal label with the cute little blinged out seal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'm going to have to go check out that link! What a great embossing technique!! Love the ribbon trio and those little gemstones you added to the main image too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another fabulous colour combination! I love your romantic seal lol and the embossing technique is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Kim, you are right, that double embossing effect is cool and not obvious to me either! Must try that! I think this card is adorable and yes, so soft. The gather of the three ribbons is a lovely accent too.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's not to LOVE about this adorable and sweet sweet card?! Thanks for sharing and thanks for the link about the embossing! It never occurred to me neither!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great technique with embossing and some different colours for this stamp set, makes for an interesting card. I love how you thought outside the 'box' on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The way you tied your ribbon is adorable! Amazing how much a little piece of bakers twine adds to a card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card! How you tied the three ribbons together is beautiful! I think I have to try the embossing technique you used! It looks fantastic and so intresting!
    So glad to be in a team with you!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving all the dots with the embossing and trio of ribbons! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girly and fun. Love the embossing and ribbons. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card. Love the bling and your ribbon feature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great use of these colors, Kim! And I love the ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What sweet sweet card. That embossed background is one of my favourites and that cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet card, I like how you used that smallish image and built the whole card with it. Wonderful embossing texture too!
    I got my card all ready to upload on my blog tomorrow and see that it has some green on it so it won't qualify. I'll be more careful next time.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Inspired use of the colours Kim! Love the paper piecing on the image & the triple ribbon treatment. Fantastic card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that embossing techy! How clever ... simple idea ... but so clever! Love the colour combo! Sigh ... withdrawals from Dynamic Duo! Hope to play again soon! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!