Monday, April 9, 2012

Wonderful Mother with Scallops

I am getting ready for church cardmaking this week.  We are fairly well set for general cards - birthday, thinking of you, etc.  But I panicked when I realized that we have four occasions coming up for which I had done absolutely nothing - graduation, confirmation, Mother's Day and Father's Day.  So I think you will be seeing a lot of those this week!!

Today's Splitcoast CAS challenge is to use Scallops.  I was thrilled because I had just bookmarked a card over at Stampin' Anne's blog that used the Stampin' Up Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border with the "cross-stitched" accent.  I thought this would all combine for a very simple and sweet Mother's Day card.



DSC_0107 ed

I also used the colors from Pals Paper Arts.



  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Well-Scripted
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch, EK Success border punch, Oval and Lacey Nesetabilities, Martha Stewart butterfly trio, Stampin' Up embossing folder and Pretty in Pink gingham, misc gems colored with Copics to coordinate with Chocolate Chip
FYI: If you have downloaded the Copic charts on my sidebar (matches to
Stampin' Up and Papertrey cardstock), they were revised in February to
reflect better matches using the newest Copic colors!






13 comments:

  1. Pretty card Kim love that folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that cross stitched detail and the embossing in the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet design, Kim! I love the embossed background and your cute cross stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty, feminine design Kim, the cross stitch is a great detail :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card Kim. The dainty little cross stitch trim is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a perfect mother's day card! Love the cross stitch accent! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is darling!! I love all of the beautiful elements you added, especially those bejewelled butterflies. Thank you for the sweet shout out, too! Big hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim, this is ADORABLE!! I love the pink and green colour combo, the dainty butterflies, and the cross-stitched detail ... oh, and the way the border punches complement one another. Might I just add that I also love the ovals??!! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet and delicate. Love the little details of the cross stitch and the bow. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Mother's Day card! So prettty in pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful card Kim - I really love your CAS style of working, and have thoroughly enjoyed taking a peek at your blog!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so sweet, Kim! I love how you used the holes from the border to do cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!