Monday, April 2, 2012

Splitcoast Colors with Dessert - Celebrate!!

I am thrilled and honored to be an April guest designer for the color challenge at Splitcoaststampers!

 I absolutely love the colors for this week - Peach Parfait, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party - they are so fresh and so festive.  But...I do have to admit that my first card isn't demonstrating a high degree of creativity.

I had already bookmarked this week's Fall to Layout at Clean & Simple Stamping as a must-do, so when I saw that the dessert option for the color challenge was "borders"...and realized that the Fall To Layout was all about "borders" - it seemed like a perfect fit!!

So I have used someone else's colors and someone else's layout!!  But this card makes me smile!!





  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Outlined Occasions
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party CS, Peach Parfait dsp
  • Ink: Memento black, copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up Eyelet Border, Lucky Limeade ribbon and embossing folder, Sweet 'n Sassy Lacey Eyelet Border dies, The Twinery Caribbean Baker's Twine, glue pen and glitter (the confetti on the sentiment)

6 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty I love the colors.
    Hope you are well, and have a wonderful day.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile, too! Beautiful, happy card. I LOVE what you did with both challenges, and congrats on the DT spot! Well-deserved:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me smile too. Love it - especially the twine woven through the lacy border. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! The twine through that pretty border is gorgeous, and the sentiment looks wonderful mirroring the colors of the stripes. I adore this card, Kim. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is sensational! Love Love Love it! So fresh and 'springy'! Wish it was spring here. I am not ready for winter ... seeing we didn't have summer this year! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty design and the colours are fab. Love the coloured sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!