Monday, April 16, 2012

Butterfly Blessings

As soon as I saw the Splitcoast CAS Challenge which was a sketch, I immediately envisioned using this butterfly.  He is so bright and cheerful, and my plan this morning was to make a card for our church secretary.  There are normally two secretaries but one is out recovering from surgery.  Her duties have been spread around a number of us volunteers.  Can you imagine being the remaining secretary, trying to keep us all informed and then putting together the various pieces that we are doing?  Church secretary would be a virtually impossible job on a good day!

But when I pulled the butterfly out, he was facing the wrong way.  I didn't want him staring off the card so I simply flipped the sketch!



Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Treasured
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party
  • Ink: Memento black and copics
  • Accessories: Smooch Pearlized Top Coat, Nestabilities circle and scallop circle, American Crafts ribbon, Stampin' Up embossing folder

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Kim! Your shading on the image is gorgeous and I just love that pop of sparkle! I'm sure she will love it! Have a great day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful butterfly! I love the shimmer. He looks fresh from the cocoon. Beautiful ribbon too. Perfect for this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Gorgeous card Kim. Hopefully your colleagues are now on the road to recovery. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful Kim! The colors are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Kim! Glad I happened across your blog! What a lovely 'addiction' you are practicing! Wishing you blessings this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think flipping is legal! :) Love the bright colours with the crisp white! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love how you pulled the colours from the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!