Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Warm Hello with Merry Monday

I am feeling like a rebel this morning.  At least as much of a rebel as I ever get...and that ain't much!!??  Oh, look, I just used "ain't" - that's two acts of rebellion this morning.  So what have I done?  Today's Splitcoast Color Challenge specifically says "It's a bright color trio and definitely will lend itself to spring cards" but I made a winter card.  Ooooh!!

Actually, I'm sure it has something to do with the weather.  I love winter.  I love snow.  March is supposed to be Colorado's snowiest month.  But it's been high to mid-60s this week.  I got my flip-flops out.  That's just wrong...so I made a snowman!


I used the Merry Monday sketch, but flipped sideways.


I am still struggling with getting clear pictures onBblogger - and, I have read other bloggers that recently have felt the same way.  I'm thinking something changed in Blogger, I just haven't researched it yet.  If you click on the photo - it will get bigger and clearer!!

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Warm Hello
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade and Sunny Garden dsp
  • Ink: Memento black and copics
  • Accessories: Stampin' Up heart punch and scalloped heart embosslit, Daffodil grosgrain, nestabilities oval, misc gems, stickles
FYI - if you have downloaded the Copic charts on my sidebar, 
they have recently been updated with the new 2012 Copics!!

6 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful, beautiful card!!! Such great colors together, and that snowman image is spectacular!! I love how you included such a nice sentiment in that sweet heart with a bow. And the snowflakes just add the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rebel!!! LOL! Awesome card as always Kim, love that sweet snowman and the bright, happy colours. So happy you join me!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the n on-traditional colours! You should be a rebel more often! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic colours ... They work really well even though you would never have thought they could! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such an adorable card. I really like the image and that you put the sentiment in a little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't this the perfect snowman, Kim? No cold fingers with him. I love those little snowflakes and the heart too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!