Monday, November 14, 2011

Thinking of You...Twice!

This week's Less Is More challenge is to create a one layer card with LEAVES

I just got an interesting new leaf set (with coordinating dies) from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps - it has such an interesting pattern in it, I knew it could stand alone on a CAS one layer card.  As an experiment, I used one die to cut a window and a different die and stamp on top.


Both stamps are rock-rolled in a darker color.  Then the top leaf has some Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles.  This is one of my new favorite products as it gives shine and sparkle but in a very subtle way.


Because of my new role on the Sweet 'n Sassy design team, I am also posting today on the Sweet 'n Sassy blog, so I did a bonus card.  The leaf card used a sentiment from a Thinking of You set that is an entire set of various fonts and styles of "Thinking of Yous."  I also wanted to show you a very different look. 


The butterfly is from Polka Dot Silhouettes - I love his shape and knew that he would be unique enough to highlight this simple Thinking of You card.

Leaf Card:
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Thinking of You, Season of Change
  • Paper: Vanilla
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pumpkin and Cajun, Limeade and Olive, Chocolate
  • Accessories: Sweet 'n Sassy Season of Change dies, Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Butterfly Card:
  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Thinking of You, Polka Dot Silhouettes
  • Paper: White
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Calypso Coral, Basic Gray
  • Accessories: Cuttlebug dotted border, Stampin' Up scallop border, misc pearls

13 comments:

  1. Both simply fab - love the leaf card and the butterfly on the other is also gorgeous

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your leaves are beautiful with the cut out but the butterfly is so striking! I love the embossing and scallops on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really interesting effect Kim... great texture and I love the butterfly card too.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely cards - love that flutterby x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your leaf card is so creative...and so pretty! Love that butterfly on the second card.

    You've created two gorgeous cards...again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Kym with a lot of onterest
    Thank you
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Kim I love this leaf aperture and you're so right...the leaves are so pretty and hold there own on the card no problem :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super beautiful! So simple ... but so elegant. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards, love the colours in the leaf one (and love the aperture too!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the effect off your leave card.
    The butterfly card is beautiful aswell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards Kim. Great use of the die. Looks so pretty. The colors are beautiful. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two lovely cards. I love all the detail in your leaf card but it's still been kept simple. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card, Kim!! Your leaves are lovely!! Haven't kept up too well, but congrats on the Sweet n Sassy design team:)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!