Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Passion for Papertrey: CAS Christmas

I have been lurking on A Passion for Papertrey's challenge blog for some time - such great ideas!!!  They are "a place for Papertrey Ink fans from UK and Europe to come together".  That's a little ways away from Colorado, USA.  But they graciously allow worldwide participants, so when this week was "CAS Christmas", I knew it was calling my name.

I had already gone down the path of using this Papertrey set when I saw this week's Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenge, so it seemed like a logical fit to play both challenges!


I used a new gold ink pad that is absolutely fabulous.  It's Tsukineko's Delicata Golden Glitz.  Look at this fabulous coverage!



Don't forget to come back Friday for a Friday Focus on Copic Markers which includes a downloadable sheet of Copic marker matches to all Papertrey and Stampin' Up cardstock!!

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Bells & Boughs
  • Paper: Papertrey Ink Pinefeather and Scarlet Jewel, misc gold
  • Ink: Delicata Golden Glitz, Distress Ink: Aged Mahogany, Stampin' Up Handsome Hunter (ret.)
  • Accessories: Papertrey Bells & Boughs dies, Sizzix embossing folder

Here's the Splitcoast sketch for today...

6 comments:

  1. When I saw this sketch this morning, I kinda discounted it because I thought it was too busy. Well, you proved me wrong on that! This is really pretty and still CAS. Maybe I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with Bonnie; I looked at it and decided to move on. But you have really created a fabulous card with this layout. Well done Kim.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great challenge to try and build your PTI stamp stock up with too ;)
    Love your Christmas card Kim, the embossed background matches the sentiment frame perfectly :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim! I think I have said it before ... do you ever make a BAD card??? This is so beautiful! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it's the more the merrier on A Passion for Papertrey - no matter where in the world you're from! It's all about sharing the inspiration :)
    Now this card is gorgeous! I'm loving all that dry embossing and your gold ink looks fabulous! No prizes for guessing you'll be stamping with that beautiful ink again for the season ;D
    Thanks for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply fantastic! Just LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!