Friday, November 25, 2011

Papertrey November Blog Hop: Warmth & Joy

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday.  My husband did all of the cooking (he doesn't even let anybody in the kitchen!); my brother and his family joined us; we all ate too much and we all played* too much.  Besides the food, the highlight was viewing the photos that my brother had taken on a recent trip to Israel.  Amazingly, he stood in exact places named in the Bible as sites of Jesus' miracles!

A side story...we gave my brother his birthday card which included a wolf image.  Before opening it, he held it to his head (imagine Johnny Carson as Carnac), thought awhile and said "it's a wolf".  My jaw dropped.  It turns out they read my blog on a regular basis and I had posted it early!!!  Lesson learned...you never know who reads the blog!

Today, I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's November Blog Hop.


The inspiration photo for today's blog hop is a dream - I wish my home could look like that.  Unfortunately, I am married to a man who prefers a minimalist look to Christmas and my boys couldn't care less as long as there are presents!  But I love the photo because it is heavily decorated by still so fresh and natural.  I was inspired by the clean look of the photo, the warmth of the wood, the greenery and the dangling skates.


I used multiple Papertrey sets on this card.  The sentiment is from Stylish Sentiments: Holiday.  The pine boughs are from Bells & Boughs.  The ornaments are from Tiny Tags and the coordinating die set.  I used Bitty Background Basics to add the pattern on the white and gold ornament.
  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink
  • Paper: Papertrey Pinefeather, Pure Poppy
  • Ink: Delicata Golden Glitz and ink to coordinate with Papertrey Pure Poppy and Pinefeather
  • Accessories: Papertrey Cane Print Impression Plate, misc ribbon

*How did we define "playing" yesterday??
With the turkey tryptophan sleepiness and given many of us had colds, this was our excitement yesterday...a lot of iPad/iPod action and you can see my brother's knees and laptop as he shows us pictures of Israel!  My oldest niece discovered the app Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo - a BIG hit - and my boys loved helping/playing with her.  My youngest niece was doing a memory match game - there were 24! squares on the screen and she methodically found every match!  Amazing!!  I'd love to tell you what my sister-in-law is doing/playing but I think I will hold on to that little tidbit just in case she EVER again shows my brother his birthday card on my blog!!


23 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card. I love how you used the Tiny Tags to make the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! Love the little tag ornaments and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love how you used the Tiny Tags dies as ornaments- very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love all the elements you've placed on the card ! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you used the tiny tags as ornaments! The cane print background gives great dimension to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this is just gorgeous! Glad you had such a good day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh...love it! What a great idea to use the tiny tags as ornaments! Cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great interpretation of the challenge photo! Very clever to use tiny tags as ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great ideas on your card. Love how you used the tiny tags as decorations hanging from the tree branches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tiny tags as ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your use of tiny tags is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty with that dark green and the red scallops peeking out! Looks like you had a relaxing Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little tags are a terrific focal point! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card. i just love that little pop of red in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The emobssed background on this card really makes the sentiment shine. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the layout of your card Kim, the tree ornaments are the perfect accent for the large sentiment :)
    Cute little bumpy border piece too!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful... I love the design and layout in general, and I especially love how you used Tiny Tags as ornaments - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is a great idea! And it's just beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is so great listening to your stories, Kim! I was amazed your dh cooked the whole of your thanksgiving dinner. My dh used to cook occasionally ... but I think he has forgotten how to now?!? Thankfully I have a daughter who loves to cook and shares this task with me! Sweet Chrissy Card! Sigh ... I so need to stamp. ONce a week is soooo not enough! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!