Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Inspiration Challenge: Focus on the Puffs

Today's Inspiration Photo in the Sweet 'n Sassy forums at Splitcoaststampers is a beautiful array of chocolates but I was most taken with the puffs on the border!!


I used two sizes of flowers from Sweet 'n Sassy's Polka Dot Silhouettes.  The border is done by stamping once on a post it note and cutting it out.  Then using that post it to mask and layer the flowers.  For interest, I did pop a few and added brads and buttons.


I picked colors based on the inspiration photo: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie and Pool Party.

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Polka Dot Silhouettes, Poppies and Greetings (sentiment)
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana and Pumpkin Pie
  • Accessories: misc. brads and buttons

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Kim! Straight into my "to CASE" file. I will have to find another stamp ... but it is a great design to copy! :) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have focused on the chocolate! LOL! Fab looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a totally gorgeous card, I love how you took the inspiration from the photo and made the flowers :)
    I'm with Susan, the chocolate would have got my attention! Not for crafting reasons tho!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these polka dot flowers! They are so bright and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the photo - those puffs are awesome and your masked flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome take on the photo - those puffs are awesome and your masked flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim! This is gorgeous! Love the masking technique, you really captured the inspiraton photo, love the CAS look too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable, Kim! I love these bright colors together. The clean and simple design is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Kim, you have captured the picture perfectly, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous design and a lovely cheery card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!