Monday, November 28, 2011

Freshly Made Wildflower and Thanks

Good morning everyone!  I hope that all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful and relaxed holidays!  I found myself within enough time to really think about everyone for whom I was grateful and I made sure that I called and/or made cards for them. 

This card is for a particular friend who has recently gone so far above and beyond for me. I asked her to simply "point me in a direction" and she made phone calls, did research and gathered materials!  Her own cards tend toward vintage collage.  I don't have the talent nor the supplies for that style, so I tried to base the card in my own fairly simple style but by adding a text background and some sponging on the edges, I think it takes on a vintage look.

I added a little golden shimmer on the main image and the red panel and the flower centers use a sticker that is full of glitter!

I used this week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches

  • Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Wildflowers, Stampin' Up Tiny Tags
  • Paper: Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Black, Cherry Cobbler, First Edition dsp
  • Ink: Stampin' Up Markers in Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke
  • Accessories: Sweet 'n Sassy Lacey Eyelet Border die, Stampin' Up Artichoke Grosgrain and Tiny Tags punch, Tattered Angels Gold Glimmer Mist, Mark Richards Candy Bonbon Stickers

12 comments:

  1. So pretty - love the newsprint and the lacy borders! Perfect background for your flowers! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim. Love the lattice/ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - love the ribbon added to the punches for detail. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Love the colors, love the newsprint and love the design! Thanks for joining Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful vintage card. I love your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... just beautiful ... love the ribbon treatment and rich colour palette!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kim! I love the ribbon; it is just perfect to set off those gorgeous flowers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, really, really pretty. Your photography is awesome, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty Kim. Love the image repeated on the border inside as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Definitely a 'vintagy look', Kim. I soooo wish we had Thanksgiving here in Australia. We need to stop and be thankful ... and take the time to tell people! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!