Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Swarm of Butterflies

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday technique was called Impression Plate Tricks.  The trick this week was to layer a small die on top of the impression plate so that when you embossed, a part of the paper stayed flat.

Here's my card using this technique:


I used Papertrey's Woodgrain impression plate along with their Fillable Frames #7 die.  If you want to try it, your best bet is to watch their video here.  The short version is that you simply use the impression plate as instructed but you tuck the smaller die between the paper and the impression plate with the cutting side up. (If the cutting side is down you will ruin your impression plate.)

  • Stamps: Papertrey Ink Butterfly Dreams, Fillable Frames #7
  • Ink: Memento Black and Copic Trios for Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet and Orange Zest, Versamark for the frame
  • Paper: Papertrey Spring Rain
  • Accessories: PTI Bird Die to match Butterfly Dream, Fillable Frames #7 die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, white gel pen, misc blue grosgrain

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this, Kim! Beautiful job with the impression technique and gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! This is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Kim, love all the subtle all blue background with the bright butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another winner! I know I am not obliged to catch up on all the posts I have missed here recently ... and I shouldn't feel I need to add a comment to each ... BUT ... SERIOUSLY ... I just don't like to miss a thing on your blog!!! And ... I just feel compelled to let you know what a fan I am ... I just adore your creations! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!