Set 305 - Smarty Pants
I only have two cards to post this morning - I should have many, many more if I am going to complete my 2010 goal of using all of my Stampin' Up sets. My mojo disappeared for awhile yesterday and I took a little break...but....it's back!! (More on this later.)
The first card is for today's SplitCoast Sketch Challenge.
These owls are absolutely darling (and totally goofy!!) I love the look of this punch, but I have to tell you - I am seriously counting the days to Stampin' Up's Sale-a-Bration as there is a set with an owl stamp to match the punch. It will be SOOOO much easier than sitting, hunched over, with a tweezer, trying to get all the small punched pieces on the owl! (And I'm old enough that my eyes just don't work well with tiny pieces!)
Set 306 - Weather or Not
The paper on my owls is an older Stampin' Up dsp (East Coast Prep). I was totally enjoying the colors so made a second card.
This card was supposed to be a "retail therapy" card but it turns out that I don't have a single stamp about "retail therapy" or "shopping". I don't know how that could be. I have stamps that say "Cow's It Going?"and "Just Sittin' Here Thinkin' bout ya (with an outhouse!), and "You know it's going to be a bad day when you put your bra on backwards and it fits better" - - - but nothing about shopping! I am definitely going to have to remedy that situation.
My mojo IS back and I am going to have to brag for a minute! It turns out that there are advantages to stamping my fingers off to finish my goal. As you know, I play a lot of challenges because I like the starting point of a sketch or colors. So the more cards that I make, the more challenges I enter...and the more chances I get to be recognized. I was mentioned THREE times in the last two days!! Yippee!
- Top Three for Sketch 153 at Techno Stamper for my Peas on Earth card (Yes...I spelled "peas" correctly!)
- Super 6 for Sketch 95 at CardPatterns for In-Country Christmas (although I have to admit that this selection was likely for the amazing sentiment stamp on this card!)
- Courtier for colourQ Challenge 64 at colourQ for Punch Potpourri. (This is actually my personal favorite card that I have made recently.)
Then, I woke up this morning to even more exciting news. My blog friend, Andrea at EnchantINK, is part of INKspirations 4U - a series of online classes, challenges, chats, etc. The upcoming series is Valentines and Birthday. There is actually a small fee for all the fun - but I WON A FREE PASS!! I never win anything - and what a better thing for me to win than a pass to classes, challenges and chats!! Check out Andrea's blog (click above) to see the quality of her work and you can see how amazing this event will be. This post has all the details on INKspirations 4U!
Now an admission...I am NOT going to make my 2010 goal by end of day on December 31st. I realized that I was getting very snippy at my family ("No, I do not have time to make you dinner or tuck you in!") - so I gave myself permission to finish by end of day January 2. That actually feels like the end of the year since my kids go back to school the next day, Christmas is over, and my life feels fresh and new!
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Smarty Pants
- Inks: Stampin' Up Wild Wasabi
- Paper: Stampin' Up East Coast Prep, More Mustard, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turqoise, Chocolate
- Accessories: Stampin' Up Owl Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Creative Impressions brads
- Challenges: SplitCoast Sketch Challenge
Purseonally You're the Best:
- Stamps: Stampin' Up Weather or Not, Framed Greetings (Framed Greetings has been counted previously)
- Inks: Stampin' Up Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Tempting Turqoise, More Mustard
- Paper: Stampin' Up East Coast Prep, WIld Wasabi
- Accessories: Quickutz Purse Die, PaperTrey red felt, Michaels rhinestones, rectangle and oval nesties
- Challenges: Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge and Our Creative Corner Felt Challenge