Monday, December 6, 2010

Scenic Season with a Bow

Set 272 - Scenic Season

Today's Clean & Simple challenge at SplitCoast Challenges gave me a chuckle.  It was "bows".  What amused me is that we had just spent time at our monthly church cardmaking discussing how people will NOT make any card with a bow.  Bows are hard!

We do do a lot of cheater bows (go way to the bottom of this linked post to see the details on the bow), but a true bow is intimidating.  I tried bringing a Bow-Easy - the bows look nice, but the Bow-Easy is intimidating in its own way.

So, for today's card, instead of a bow, I did a "bow-like" embellishment.  I simply laid out the ribbon, then a small piece of Stampin' Up Waffle Paper, then a smaller piece of ribbon and tied them all together with thread.  I glued a charm on top to hide the thread.  (I did use a larger piece of Waffle Paper than is shown  - after I tied it, I fluffed it out and then trimmed it down.



I think that I only have three more Christmas-only sets toward my goal of using all of my SU sets this year.  Mondays are the day that I have kept meeting- & volunteer-free - so stay tuned for the last few Christmas cards!
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up Scenic Season (I cut the sentiment off of the tree stamp so I could use the tree stamp alone)
  • Inks: Versamark
  • Paper: white
  • Accessories: American Crafts ribbon, Stampin' Up Waffle Paper, Simple Pleasures Silver Pearl Embossing Powder, Close To My Heart Star Spangled Blue Embossing Powder, Dresss It Up snowflake "button"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim!
    Sorry … I haven’t popped by for a few days … but you know how life can be!I have scrolled back to see your recent posts ... and catch up on all the gorgeous projects you have been creating! This is so simple and pretty. Such a peaceful, serene feeling to this card! TFS. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my card! I do get spam comments so your comment will be held until I read it and release it!